NEW CHALLANGE!

Options
I want to start a challange as a way to make myself more accountable for my actions. I'm thinking either an INSANITY challange starting wed or thurs... or just a general challange, maybe like the Febuary 15... who can loose 15lbs by feb. 28th. I'm open to suggestions, because I know not everyone has Insanity or would even want to do the challange. So I'm leaning more towords the feb 15. If you want to participte or have an suggestions just leave a comment.

If you want to particiapte in the Feb 15 leave your current weight & goal weight & I will make a spread sheet.

Replies

• jAdorelife
    Options
    oops forgot to put mine haha

Starting: 229
    Goal: 214
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    I'll take the challange!

Starting: 203.9
    Goal: 188.9

Wow that seems like a long shot, I haven't been that low since about 3 years ago when I first started losing weight. My lowest then was 189.3, but of course I gained about 30 of those pounds back over the past 3 years. Add me if you want, I'm always looking for support and others to support as well!
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    we can do it!!! i'm going to friend you! :)
  • luvleekia
    luvleekia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!!

SW: 170
    Goal: 160
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    looks like it's just the three of us ladiess... here's everyone's goals

Jadorelife
    SW: 234
    GW: 219

Sohnsearae
    SW: 203.9
    GW: 188.9

Luvleekia
    GW: 160

for our first mini challange let's try to get 8 glasses of water a day because i was reading an article that said your metabolism doesn't function at it's highest unless your body is fully hydrated.

what day is best for weekley weight ins...saturday?
  • cambam84
    cambam84 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can I still join or is it too late??

SW 207
    GW 193
  • mmorg0924
    Options
    I will take the challenge sounds like something that will challenge me to work harder!!! Add me as a friend!!

CW :235
    GW:170
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    you can still join! final weigh-in will be Feb 28th & i think weekly weigh-ins would be good for motivation & to see where we are, but they're not manditory. if you want to check in weekly you can do so whenever you normally weigh-in (for me it's saturday).

& i think as a group checking it when we have small nsv & even struggles will make us stronger and help with motivation, but again you can share as much or as little as you want. personally i'd love for this to be the first of many (or few depending on your goals) challanges together as a group if this one works out. (:

Jadorelife
    SW: 234
    GW: 219

Sohnsearae
    SW: 203.9
    GW: 188.9

Luvleekia
    GW: 160

Cambam84
    SW: 207
    GW: 193

Mmorg0924
    SW: 235
    GW: 170
  • cambam84
    Options
    How is everyone's week going so far?? We are going to be weighing in on Mondays right??
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    ahh i'm seriously stuggling this week, just did my weigh in & i gained a pound =/ oh well i'm just going to have to work harder this week to pull out a big loss (hopefully)!

-As far as weiging in I don't think we need a specific day (aside from the last day of the challange). you can post whenever your usual day is & I'll try my hardest to keep everything in the spread sheet that I'll post the last day after final weigh in so everyone can see their progress & weekly breakdown. (:
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    hey everyone, there hasn't been much activity in the post...i hope your all still on board!!! =/

well i did my weigh-in today & lost 5lbs... SUPER EXCITED & HAPPY. i really thought i was headed for a gain, but I guess all my metabolism boosting tricks paid off. (like lemon in hot water first thing in the morning). esp after my scale jumped up yesterday, but i found out the med i was on for my back makes me retain water so i took a water pill my doc suggested & i'm back on track....(hopefully some of that 5lbs is fat, but i guess it's not likely since that's a big jump in a day =/)

how is everyone else doing? did anyone else weigh in yet, good progress i hope!?
  • sgarrison442
    Options
    I've recenty joined a gym, and I'm going everyday working on cardio and strength. Am I doing too much? 1 mile tredmil, 20 minutes on stationary bike and 10 minutes on elipticle. Then a 3 sets of 10 reps of strength training. Any help greatly appreciated. I have been overweight for so long now my health is not so good. Drs. orders to lose weight or be put on insulin for diabetes.
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    only you can tell if your doing too much...if youre in pain after work outs or the day after (more than the general soreness from a good work out) then you might be doing too much, but most doctors / work out programs have atleast one day to rest. i know it's tempting to work out hard all the time to get faster results, but it increases the chance of injury esp. if you didn't slowly increase activity. i know when i first started working out my doc told me three days off, four days of gym time, but everyone is diff...you might have been in better shape than i was (even tho i did cheat & take 5 gym days haha).

you have to judge how you feel, if you feel you can handle it than that's all that matters, for me it sounds like it would be a lot. i'm kind of a whimp when it comes to working out tho hahaha (:
  • nilyam75
    Options
    Hi,
    I would like to do the challenge!

cw:170
    gw:145
  • nilyam75
    Options
    When do we weigh in?
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    i think next sunday should be the first official weigh-in, it gives everyone a fair week.
  • luvleekia
    luvleekia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself and I'm down to 165. I'm on my second week of insanity so I guess I'm doing something right. I don't see a difference, but at least the scale is different. :)
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    ahh congrats!! i want to start insanity as soon as my injuries heal. i took the fit test & did the first workout before i got hurt, it's deffinitly hard but i'm loving the results people are getting.
  • cambam84
    Options
    hey everyone, there hasn't been much activity in the post...i hope your all still on board!!! =/

well i did my weigh-in today & lost 5lbs... SUPER EXCITED & HAPPY. i really thought i was headed for a gain, but I guess all my metabolism boosting tricks paid off. (like lemon in hot water first thing in the morning). esp after my scale jumped up yesterday, but i found out the med i was on for my back makes me retain water so i took a water pill my doc suggested & i'm back on track....(hopefully some of that 5lbs is fat, but i guess it's not likely since that's a big jump in a day =/)

how is everyone else doing? did anyone else weigh in yet, good progress i hope!?

Ummm...metabolism boosting tricks??? Please do share;)
  • cambam84
    Options
    What is insanity?? I'm kind of in a funk right now...so any extra tips would be great. I think I may start 30 day shred since were supposed to be getting a lot of snow and I won't be able to make it to the gym! I'm so sick of the snow!!!! Ahhh Anyways...30 day shred it is.