It's only 10 lbs...

Options
But it's the first time I've lost 10 lbs without starving myself. I was this weight last summer at this time, but I had been incredibly depressed and in a lot of pain thanks to uterine fibroids. I was also completely broke. I tried applying for food stamps, but the State told me I made too much to be on food stamps..except I didn't have money to buy food. Whatever. I didn't eat for quite a while. Maybe a little something here and there so I wouldn't get dizzy. Then my depression got a bit better, I finally found a treatment that worked for my fibroids, and I got a better paying job... then I gained 10 lbs. Everytime I tried to lose weight before I would starve myself, not as bad as last summer, I would usually eat more, but still very unhealthy and I would always gain it back.

I got more comments last summer looking slimmer and people being proud of me for losing weight, they had no idea how I did it. But I realized I also probably lost a lot of muscle last summer so I probably looked smaller than I do now.

It's only 10 lbs and I have 100 more to go, but it was done the correct way which makes me a whole lot prouder of myself. :)

Replies

• Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making your first milestone and doing so by not starving yourself. And I'm so glad to hear your other challenges improved too! You sound like a new person and ready to take on the world! Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • ShantesNaturalVanity
    Options
    Keep going chica. I started my weight loss journey at the end of April of 2014. Since then.. I've only lost around 12-15 pds. HOWEVER... I'm extremely proud of myself because I have maintained that loss for about 10 weeks now and I'm getting ready to enter the next phase of my weight loss journey...another 10 pounds!. That would put me 20 pds down by the end of the year, which is alot better than where I stood on January 1. Slow n Steady wins the race. Plus, I think the little break helped me to figure out what it's like to have to maintain a certain weight and what I was or was not comfortable with.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    yes!
    this is my favorite kind of success story, because it's the one i can relate to right now~

just the eye-opening realization that the path to health doesn't involve starving or cleansing or fasting or jogging 10 miles a day or doing 100 sit-ups or whatever kind of BS i thought i needed to do in the past.
    the realization that it's not just people on infomercials who can lose weight, that we can too if we just take small daily steps in the right direction.

can't wait to see your success story after 100 more pounds! :)
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great, keep it up! You can do it all the way to your goal.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great story I to could lose weight fast by not eating when I was younger. Now I am over 30 I can't do it anymore I have to eat so eating the right way is the only way I will ever be able to lose weight. This is a motivational story because some people don't realize how much ten pounds mean in a persons weight loss journey.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should absolutely be proud! Positivity is everything! :)
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! And not only the weight loss, but I feel so much better losing weight this time than starving myself. I'm not hungry all the time, obviously. But my skin looks better and I would start to lose my hair after a while of not eating. Not like bald patches but more so than the usual shedding. My hair has actually been growing like crazy and I overall just feel a million times better this go around.
  • sydneyytaylerr
    sydneyytaylerr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!