Yo I guess...

Options
Uh, I'm Kai... I'm 20, always been really chubby and although I was pretty sure I was gonna die alone, I've actually got someone in my life worth making an effort for now, so I wanna try and lose a bit of weight and stuff. I'm uh, I dunno, 5'2 I think. And I suck at exercise/eating. I don't have the self restraint or push to do stuff so it's pretty hard. I don't really have any friends, internet or outernet, I mean I got a couple, but a few more wouldn't hurt.

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Kai,

First let me start by saying welcome to mfp.

You have to find the strength to lose weight and be healthy through yourself. Yes we are all here can support you but we cant make you get up and exercise or put down the donut, pizza or candy.

feel free to friend me
  • Kaishei
    Kaishei Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kai,

First let me start by saying welcome to mfp.

You have to find the strength to lose weight and be healthy through yourself. Yes we are all here can support you but we cant make you get up and exercise or put down the donut, pizza or candy.

feel free to friend me

Thanks :) I know that! I honestly do, I just find that if it's never mentioned to me, I'll never do it. It's easier for me to lose weight if I surround myself with people who're doing the same. Exercise is a new thing to me so I've started working on trying to stop snacking and be cautious of what I'm eating as a focus for now.
  • pughtravels
    Options
    Kai,
    You will get out of it what you put into it, but you are headed in the right direction by putting forth some effort and reaching out to others.
    I'm sorry you have felt like you didn't have anything to live for before, but everyone in this world has something important to do, even if it's just being there to help someone else. Every person's job is important (no matter how big or small the job is) and we're all connected. If you were gone, someone would miss you even if you don't feel that way.
    But one thing is for sure, get into shape for you and only you. The person you have in your life is there because they want to be your friend. If they've fallen in love with you or you with them great, but don't make that the only reason you want to get into shape. Trust me, when you work out, you feel better, and it snowballs into something more important... a better quality of life for you. An added bonus is that when you are happy with yourself, you can be there for others. We all need each other to get through life.
    Dream Big and keep your eyes on your goals. Speak positively about yourself (Words are extremely powerful - I listened to a distant relative that was always telling everyone about her symptoms and health issues... eventually she died a very unhappy and unhealthy person.)

So I will leave you with this thought... from the best book I know (the Bible)... Ecclesiastes chapter 11, verse 6...
    "Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well."
    If you plant seeds and don't tend your garden and keep the weeds out, you won't grow anything of value in abundance. Everything we do has a result or consequence.

I'm not on MFP message boards very often, but I wish you the best in all you do to reach your goals.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    As sweet as that sounds, I do have to say that you have to love yourself more. Self worth is very important for you to be successful in getting to your goal and staying healthy for the rest of your life.

Welcome to MFP :)