Weird Handshake

Options
2»

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Next time just go in for a full body hug and whisper "You smell different when you're awake." He shouldn't give you any more problems.

Just spewed coffee out my nose. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Monday night I had a meeting with several business associates. Most of them I have met in person, but a couple of them only on the phone. Before dinner we all shook hands as usual. During the "handshaking round" one of the men who I had not met in person, grasped my hand and shook it -not up and down like a normal handshake- but vigorously back and forth for at least 8 or 9 seconds. It seemed quite insulting. Am I over reacting? Any ideas?

:huh:

Yes. You are overreacting...by a lot.

Seriously. He prob just wants to test your gaming reflexes.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes. In all of the years I have been in business nothing like this has happened.
    Add it as a first to your book and put in a note that says anything is possible :)
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I love all of this
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Next time just go in for a full body hug and whisper "You smell different when you're awake." He shouldn't give you any more problems.

This legit made me chuckle out loud. I'm dying to do this to someone now...but not sure I've got the nerve to.
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    " next time you go to shake hands, grasp his wrist with your free hand. Imposes dominance and you can keep the damn thing still"

I'm going to remember both of these and maybe try them at the same time.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Holy crap, something just came out of my nose because I had to cover my mouth to stifle the laughter!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif
  • 347Gigi
    Options
    ***UPDATE***
    Yesterday I had lunch with some colleagues and "Weird Handshake Guy" was there. When we met at the restaurant, the greetings started and "WHG" extended his hand with a smirk. I took his right hand with mine, grasped his wrist with my left hand and pulled him forward, stood on my toes then leaned up to his ear and said .."You smell different when you're awake" Then stood back. After a very brief pause, he BURST out laughing!!! I now have a great new business ally! Thank you MFP posters and especially miss_jessieja and diespel!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    8 or 9 seconds is a long time when we're talking about handshakes. Creepy.

I agree with the guy who said, don't sweat it for now but if it happens again just straight up ASK him what's up with the weird handshake.
  • 347Gigi
    Options
    @seltzermint Thanks! I did ask him and he said he was just being an **s. I don't trust him yet, but I think I gained a little respect by standing up to him.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    ***UPDATE***
    Yesterday I had lunch with some colleagues and "Weird Handshake Guy" was there. When we met at the restaurant, the greetings started and "WHG" extended his hand with a smirk. I took his right hand with mine, grasped his wrist with my left hand and pulled him forward, stood on my toes then leaned up to his ear and said .."You smell different when you're awake" Then stood back. After a very brief pause, he BURST out laughing!!! I now have a great new business ally! Thank you MFP posters and especially miss_jessieja and diespel!

OMG THE TEARS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: