Please help me avoid the donuts.

Options
Someone brought in a big box of donuts today at work and where they are situated and where my desk is, I constantly have to walk back and forth past them. I need help in being here for the next five and a half hours and not touching them! :(

Replies

• DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Send them to me. Post deadlift nutrition.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I totally sneezed on that whole box.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When someone brings donuts to work I've seen people touch multiple donuts before deciding on which they really want.......Just imagine people at your workplace do the same....Then wonder where their hands have been. Do they wash their hands? :huh: :noway:

That was enough to make me not eat them but I'm a certified germophobe.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Snack on fruit or veggies and drink lots of water to keep your tummy full and you'll forget about the doughnuts.

Or, say the heck with it and eat ONE! Fit it into your day .. or burn it off later with some extra exercise.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I always try to think about how I feel AFTER I eat something that I shouldn't have. In the end, if you eat it, it usually doesn't taste as good as you imagine it will taste when you are trying to avoid it. So pretend you ate one and try to think of how you'd feel for giving in. Then think of how you feel for actually avoiding it!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    That's it! Thank you for the suggestion.. I've been trying to think of something to have for dessert .....
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I am a huuuuuge donut fan. Put a donut anywhere near me, and I'll eat it. Like, go into a gas station or grocery store, come within 15 feet of a donut and I'll buy it, even if it's stale.

What I've done now is limit myself to a delicious, freshly baked donut or 2 on the weekend. When I see a donut any other time, I instead look forward to the still warm cake donut I'll get to enjoy on Sunday morning. Delaying the gratification allows me to plan my indulgences so that I can fit them in, rather than shun and avoid them all together. So far, 60 lbs lost on a donut a week, so it's working for me.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Unless they are apple fritters, then probably not worth it. If there is an apple fritter, then have one for me :wink:
  • sismyn13
    sismyn13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Move them! Tell your co-workers if they want them they can have them...but someplace else please!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If it's a chocolate donut I would fit it into my day!
  • mariagaro1986
    mariagaro1986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Did you say donut? Now I want one :love:

By the way, if you don't want to eat one and feel too guilty later on, you could ask a nice colleague to share one with you, but you get one third (and you behave for the rest of the day).. In this way it will definitely not ruin your dieting-day but it will work as a treat and you will stop obsessing yourself with that box..what do you think?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes, do not eat the donuts. Leave them all for me.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Sure thing...hand 'em over.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I swear, I saw Steve... you know the creepy guy who's desk is by the water cooler... I saw him LICK every single one and put it back. You don't want Steve germs, do you?!
  • aylmary
    Options
    Look 'em right in the hole and say "you are not worth it!"
  • DivineInsanity
    Options
    Donuts are gross :sick:
    However I hate cake, cookies, pie, muffins, candy, ice cream, and most sweets
    I don't think I'm a normal human being :grumble:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Walk by and crop dust the hell outta those donuts...they'll be less appetizing to you and it'll be funny to watch coworkers graze on them...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    cut it in half and enjoy it. log it, and make it part of your day.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When someone brings donuts to work I've seen people touch multiple donuts before deciding on which they really want.......Just imagine people at your workplace do the same....Then wonder where their hands have been. Do they wash their hands? :huh: :noway:

That was enough to make me not eat them but I'm a certified germophobe.

Totally this. I've seen people go straight from the stall to the door. That's just nasty.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Think about how the doughnuts taste. I mean really taste - I always think they're going to be better than they are and then I'm disappointed that I gave in after. They're too... gritty sugary. I'd rather have real cake.