Why am I feeling extremely tired weeks after workout?

Options
I started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago (go about 5days a week). I pushed myself little by little every week and intensify my work out. Wasn't feeling too tired or sore at all until 4days ago; my whole body start aching/ sore; I didn’t even have energy to move around or go to the gym. Didn’t go to gym for 5days now. I want to go, but I’m feeling extremely tired to even get out of bed.

I am eating healthy. Lots of protein, veggies and small amount of carbs to fuel my body.
Eat 1,500 calories/ day and I'm exercising about -200 to -250 calories/ day. So Net 1250-1300 calories.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago (go about 5days a week). I pushed myself little by little every week and intensify my work out. Wasn't feeling too tired or sore at all until 4days ago; my whole body start aching/ sore; I didn’t even have energy to move around or go to the gym. Didn’t go to gym for 5days now. I want to go, but I’m feeling extremely tired to even get out of bed.

I am eating healthy. Lots of protein, veggies and small amount of carbs to fuel my body.
    Eat 1,500 calories/ day and I'm exercising about -200 to -250 calories/ day. So Net 1250-1300 calories.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

It's hard to say if your intake is appropriate or related to your current problems without knowing your weight, height, etc.

You could also be getting sick.
  • hks2456
    Options
    I'm 27. Weight 145lb Height 5'3.
    I'm not getting sick.
    It's just weird that I was fine for 3weeks and all of the sudden I'm feeling extremely sore and tired for 4days in a roll.
    I just want to see if anyone else has same experience or is it not normal.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is about the amount of time it takes for me to crash and burn when I try to cut my intake too low. 1500 calories isn't crazy low, but depending on what you're doing at the gym it might be too little.

Or you could be getting sick.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

I'm willing to bet that you are not fuelling yourself properly and it took about 3 weeks for you to fall on your *kitten*.

What specifically were you doing at the gym, and for how long, and at what intensity?
  • hks2456
    Options
    My work out routine:

StairMaster: 20-30min. I do Level 8-10 for few min and then 12-14 for few min back and forth.

Then, work out arms every other day, and core every other day.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Try eating a little more, sleeping a lot more.

Make sure you aren't getting sick.
    Make sure you aren't having medical issues that a cold or flu wouldn't cause.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Try eating a little more, sleeping a lot more.

Make sure you aren't getting sick.
    Make sure you aren't having medical issues that a cold or flu wouldn't cause.

It's normally one (or both) of those things.

If you eat more and rule out sleep and you still can't cope, then scale back on the amount of exercise you're doing and build up a bit more slowly.

If nothing helps, seek out a medical professional and have a once over...
  • andydebnam85
    andydebnam85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get tired from the gym when i do bench presses and free weights i ache all over but i go to the gym next day start up then i start to loosen up
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, blame PMS.
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Do you take a multivitamin?
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Call you Dr and ask him to call in blood tests to the lab. It could be everything mentioned above or maybe your iron is low or vitamin D or any other thing that could make you feel like that. Just do a baseline and see where you are.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I'm 27. Weight 145lb Height 5'3.
    I'm not getting sick.
    It's just weird that I was fine for 3weeks and all of the sudden I'm feeling extremely sore and tired for 4days in a roll.
    I just want to see if anyone else has same experience or is it not normal.

You are not eating back your workout calories. You need to eat atleast 75% of them back. You are eating too little. Your body needs fuel to keep up with the amount of working out you are doing. The soreness is normal. I sometimes don't feel DOMS until day 3 after a workout, but the tired to the point that you don't want to get out of bed is not normal imo. I would bet its because you are not eating enough, but be sure that you aren't getting sick. Good luck.