A success in the making..

Options
It amazes me that I'm actually posting in the Success Stories portion on here but here I am. I hit my all time highest weight at 191 and knew I needed to do something different so I signed up for a bootcamp in my local area. I was a bit hesitant at the time since I was fairly new to the idea of exercise but I kept telling myself, "make this time for you..set this time to the side for yourself." and that's just what I've been doing. So far I'm down nearly 30 pounds and still have a good 20 to 30 to go.. but it's amazing to see the progress I have made. I'm not sure how to post a picture in the forums but if you look at my profile it's my before and now. You guys don't give up.. set some time for yourself.. why? Because you are worth it.

Height: 5' 1.5
Started: 191
CW: 165.7
GW: 140

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • sweetnicolemarie
    Options
    so exciting! :) good work
  • missbutton82
    Options
    I appreciate it, and thanks for the friend request! :happy:
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look awesome. Keep at it and it will continue to melt off. I am like you. After many years of thinking of others, my job schedule, etc. I decided that I need to focus on me and make time in my schedule for exercise. I used to get into work early around 8 and now I am a late arriver around 9 sometime 930. I gotta get my daily morning workout in.
  • missbutton82
    Options
    Thank you so much! Yes, after seeing how much success a fellow co-worker has had.. I knew I needed to do something. Plus I really like how she said, "I don't like exercise.. I just make sure to do it every day like it's an appointment I have to keep." I don't know why but that really stuck with me. So that's how I've been thinking of it. It's an appointment. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • nest9
    nest9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great work! You have to make the time for yourself as you stated. There are 24 hours in a day and it only takes 4% of that day to make a difference. Keep it up!
  • missbutton82
    Options
    That's a great way to think about it Nes! Congrats on your 30 pound loss as well!! We got this! :happy:
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work. You are an inspiration.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Well done
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job. And you have an excellent motto:

"make this time for you..set this time to the side for yourself."

good for you...and I wish you success for the rest of your journey!
  • missbutton82
    Options
    Thank you so much.. I still can't believe I've made it even this far. Also thanks for the request :)
  • missbutton82
    Options
    Thank you!
  • missbutton82
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job. And you have an excellent motto:

"make this time for you..set this time to the side for yourself."

good for you...and I wish you success for the rest of your journey!

Thank you so much..it's been a bumpy road but worth it. :smile:
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!

We have almost the same stats (mine: started at 198, currently 161, goal 145).

Keep up the great work!!
  • missbutton82
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!

We have almost the same stats (mine: started at 198, currently 161, goal 145).

Keep up the great work!!

Thank you!!! :flowerforyou: If there's anything I'm learning.. we are on this journey together. Got to make the best of it! We got this!
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's so fantastic and inspiring! I am the exact same height as you and coming from the same 191 this go around. I'm down to 184 and can't wait to be where you are now...Same goal of 140 too. I'll send you a friend request!
    Keep up the great work. we can do it!
  • missbutton82
    Options
    That's so fantastic and inspiring! I am the exact same height as you and coming from the same 191 this go around. I'm down to 184 and can't wait to be where you are now...Same goal of 140 too. I'll send you a friend request!
    Keep up the great work. we can do it!

Congrats on where you currently are. Before long we both will be at our goal of 140! Thanks for the friend request, I'm excited for us to be on this journey together!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!