47 year old needing to lose last 20 - looking for friends

Options
Five years ago I set my weight loss goal at 50 pounds. I lost 42 pounds then stalled. Instead of maintaining that weight I just gave up. At one point I had gained back 17 pounds. Every school year I have to buy bigger clothes. I know if I don't get a grip I am going to gain it all back. I am now determined to reach my original goal of 50 pounds before my 50th birthday. That gives me 28 months to lose 21 pounds.

I am looking for friends who are in the same boat (or not).

Replies

• IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome! I'll be 50 this fall and lost a lot of weight, only to get sedentary and put it back on. I need to lose a little more than you (I'd be happy with 40) but it sounds like we're in a similar situation so I'd love to be friends. I signed up for the health club and now just have to keep focused on doing what I know I need to do. I think you'll find MFP is a great help with the focus and support.
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like as a friend. Just returned 37 days ago and looking for encouragement and support. We can do this !!!
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Those last pounds can be the hardest to get off. I am 46, so not far from 50.
  • sorrias123
    sorrias123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm almost 46. I hit my highest about 2 years ago...209 lbs. I vowed to lose 50 pounds, lost 25 in about 3 1/2 months then nothing. I ended up gaining back 15 of that. I am now back down 11 pounds and counting. I'm 187, looking at 150 as my goal so I have about 37 left to go. Friend me if you want to. I'm always looking for supportive friends :)