New my fitness and doing HCG

Options
I found you on a search today. 1st day of second phase of HCG. So many different versions out there. I am using the drops. I will let you know how I am doing.:smile:

Replies

• Zumbalady808
    Options
    Yes let me know I'm very interested I just read up on it, seems so interesting kinda scary!!!!!
  • marybrentlinger
    marybrentlinger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It does seems scary. And some of it does not make sense. Why cant you mix the vegetables? I am an RN so some of it doesn't make since medically. But I am also a naturalist and pretty much each organic (at least as much as I can afford) I bake my own bread and we buy sides of grass fed beef. I will try to post daily to let you know. I really didn't do the two load days because it didn't make sense to gain weight to lose weight.
  • marybrentlinger
    Options
    Day 2 of second phase 1.5lbs lost. No real hunger pains yet. But it is my first day back to work.
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    Wow I'm really shocked, I'm just concerned because it tells you not to exercise to hard and I workout 3 times a weeks like a crazy woman doing Zumba!!!!! Would this make me stop that, because I don't think I could give that up!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm really shocked, I'm just concerned because it tells you not to exercise to hard and I workout 3 times a weeks like a crazy woman doing Zumba!!!!! Would this make me stop that, because I don't think I could give that up!!!
    I believe eating 500 cals a day you wouldn't have the strength or fuel to workout safely.

There's a thread under the support section here on the boards.. some of the girls have gained all their weight back plus more already, others join since it's the 'in' thing on the net. Basically just another crazy diet where the weight will most likely all come back on ......

I'm glad I took the healthy eating and workout route, slow and steady will help keep the weight off. Dropping a lb. a day (supposedly) isn't likely to stay off for long...
  • nla05
    nla05 Posts: 1
    Options
    I can't believe that eating only 500 calories a day and putting some drops under my tongue is a healthy way to lose weight. I'm sure the weight does come off fast, as I have seen some of my friends lose the weight fast on the hcg diet, but my concern is the health issues you can't see and that they may experience later in life. Our brains alone can't survive on 500 calories a day, so what other organs and tissues are being damaged that one on the hcg diet can't see. However, kudos on the weight loss and good luck with what works for you!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that eating only 500 calories a day and putting some drops under my tongue is a healthy way to lose weight. I'm sure the weight does come off fast, as I have seen some of my friends lose the weight fast on the hcg diet, but my concern is the health issues you can't see and that they may experience later in life. Our brains alone can't survive on 500 calories a day, so what other organs and tissues are being damaged that one on the hcg diet can't see. However, kudos on the weight loss and good luck with what works for you!
    I very much agree with you, no one knows the risks that may occur in the future due to use of this 'diet' and since the drops/shots are non unregulated who's to say what's really in them?

I agree I too don't see any health benefits to limiting yourself to 500 cals a day nor do I see this 'diet' (because that's what it is, a 'diet') as something one could sustain for life. Sadly there are many ppl that are taking the word of the Internet (and hey we all know if it's found on the Internet, it's GOTTA be true right?:wink::glasses: ) over common sense and choosing to do this anyway.

SO many say well it's recommended by docs, but it's something you can buy straight off the net and locally in drug stores so who's doing the monitoring? Why the person eating the mere 500 calories is. Scary stuff, the whole concept of it. :ohwell:

Those using this on the site share using appetite suppressants while on the 'diet' to keep from being so hungry, so not only is a drug that's not being monitored being used but our bodies natural signals of hunger are being silenced. I'm not sure I understand how a long term healthy eating routine is built that way.
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    Yes I so agree with this, even when I just talked about this with my husband he was like what the heck are you even thinking you allready took off all that weight 70 pounds of it doing just ZUMBA and watching what you eat why would you try anything like that!!! Funny that FiTNESSPAL would run the ad though as they are promoting the use of it!!! The reason people using this stuff gain all their weight back is that they think it's a miracle cure, of course the weight comes off but they don't do anything to keep it off thats the problem, so they never change their lifestyle.. Now if someone could take this stuff and learn from it, then maybe just maybe it might benefit them, but obviously it is not...

I'm glad I'm sticking to what I love ZUMBA!!!!!
  • marybrentlinger
    Options
    Day three and down another 2 pounds. My husband lost 3.5 lbs the first day and 1.5 the second. We are wondering if it was all the exercise he did last night that made him not lose as much.

As for the danger of lack of danger. I don't trust the FDA to regulate what I do. They are the ones that allowed many drugs to go on the market that caused much harm and even death. There is a lot of natural things that are disregarded because they are "natural". I doubt that 3 weeks on the HCG will harm me. However, everyone has to decide for themselves. And weigh the benefits and disadvantages of each program they are contemplating. If, you believe it is dangerous to you then don't do it.

I wish there were some true unbiased studies out there. But, I doubt if that will ever happen.

Happy losing and geting fit to everyone.
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    I was thinking about you I just found out another one of my friends here on myfitnesspal will start taking the shot form of the HCG, I'm hoping for the best for everyone but I'm just so worried that there is just not enough research on the subject..

How are you doing? Have you noticed any side effects at all? Anything? Hair falling out? Tiredness? Sleeplessness? Anything that you can think of that is different?

let me know?
  • marybrentlinger
    Options
    No, side effects so far. I think it is a little early for my hair to fall out but I will let you know. I work an 8 hr shift at a nursing home as a nurse and still have plenty of energy. I only have a few hunger pangs. I am walking every morning before work fo 30 minutes also. Today I lost a pound. Not to bad as far. I will let you know any adverse reactions.
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    I started doing research as I see more and more people and even met a friend who looked absoutely fab!! Shes on the drops!!! I consulted my medical doctor for him to see what he thought.. He told me if I decided to do it he would stand behind me all the way, but he asked me a medical question.. Where and how is this HCG being made.. Human or Animal? I was totally in Awe as I would have never thought of this question myself? And to be totally honest I don't have an answer for him!

So I'm still researching and finding out interesting facts, still doing my Zumba and watching my calorie intake and lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks, but one of the things that I found out about this diet is that it attacks the fat cells in the places that everyone wants them too!! Stomach, thighs, butt and hips..... The hardest places to lose...

MMMMMM Makes me think about it more and more!!!
  • pcronberg
    pcronberg Posts: 224
    Options
    Hey ladies, there is a forum dedicated to those who are doing the HCG diet, if you search for HCG in the forums you will find us, I don't remember exactly what the forum is called, but the end of the title says something about Page 2. We are all on the diet, and would love to have you on there to answer any questions you may be having. Have you read Pounds and Inches? This is VERY important to do as it gives all of the details about the diet, and how to follow the protocol. The HCG diet is very affective, if you follow it like you are supposed to. The diet is made the way it is because that is how it works. I hope all the good health to you, and hope to see you on our forum!!
  • pcronberg
    pcronberg Posts: 224
    Options
    Starting reading some of your posts, and wanted to answer a few questions that I thought I could help out with. I am currently on day 10 of the diet, and have lost 10.8 pounds. A couple of important tips: drink LOTS of water, it will aid in your weight loss, NEVER miss a protein (make sure you weigh it and don't go over), If you start feeling like you can't finish the full 500 calories a day, it is better for you to start with eliminating the carbs, since it is just there for your mental state, then the fruit if you still can't eat as much. Also, you should skip one day a week from the drops or injections if you are going to be on the diet for the 30-40 days. You should also skip the HCG when you are having your TOM, as your body will be able to do for itself during this time.
    As far as side affects, just about everybody I have come into contact with had no side effects what so ever on the diet, except the their weight loss and loss of hunger. I did have a few side effects the first 2 days, I got a headache (lack of caffeine which was my choice since I couldn't do creamer), I felt really tired after lunch time, and I think it effected my TOM some, but that is all straightened out now. It is possible with the HCG to only eat 500 calories and not do anything to your body, since the HCG will get your abnormal fats moving and pull the calories your body needs from there. So even though you are only eating 500 calories, your body is still getting the needed calories. The load days are important because it fills up your normal fats, which can be depleted if you have dieted a lot in your life. The book Pounds and Inches, really does help explain all of this to you, and gives you a much better understanding of what is going on, what foods you are allowed to eat on the diet, and what to do next. This diet is not a lifestyle change, but it does help you to understand when you are really hungry, and when you are just snacky. It also helps you really learn to count calories, and healthy eating (of course after HCG it will be in larger calories). There have been lots of success stories in the forum I discussed earlier, and lots of women who didn't meet their weight loss goals in the first or second round, and have even come back for third rounds of the diet.... BECAUSE IT WORKS IF YOU FOLLOW IT!
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    thanks it's great to see so many people doing so well!!!