Saddlebags and thigh fat!

Hiiii y'all!!!!!

I've been on a weight loss journey for a little over a year now. Im 5'9 and went down from 170 lbs to 125 lbs (my goal weight) in Feb 2014. Ever since, I've been in maintenance. Im now between 120-122 lbs depending on the day. Weight wise, I am pretty happy with where I am, and I don't mind gaining a few more lbs of muscle.
I run 2-3x a week, and do strengthening exercises like lunges, planks, squats etc. However,I still have a major problem - crazy saddlebags and wobbly thighs! I feel like when I over exercise, I just lose weight. I am conc on eating a lot of protein the last 6 months too, I don't know what Im missing here. I know its impossible to spot reduce, or spot tone - but are there any exercises/foods that helped you guys get rid of saddlebags and tone your thighs? Thanks in advance =)

Replies

• bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    I have the same problem. Even when I get to my goal weight a little bit of the thighs and butt hang around. I never really did find an exercise solution unfortunately, but I found that using those thigh wraps from ItWorks would shrink the fat for a while. They are really expensive though and I couldn't keep up with it. =(
  • Try Fitnessblender 20 minute Outer Thigh Workout 'Goodbye Saddlebags'. You can download from Yutube,
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Decrease your bodyfat%. Bulk then cut, or if you prefer... Cut then bulk.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member

This right here.
  • I have a serious saddle bag problem also! obviously a decrease in body fat helps, but I have been doing the 5x5 stronglifts, and the deep barbell squats have REALLY helped i think. would definately give them a go. Only been doing them for a few months but I have not been using a drastically heavy weight (42.5 kg at the mo, and go below parallel). hope that helps!
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Try Fitnessblender 20 minute Outer Thigh Workout 'Goodbye Saddlebags'. You can download from Yutube,

Tried this yesterday. Wow, great workout! thank you! :)
  • missionskinnynow

Makes sense! thank you.
  • Girl, do the Jamie Eason LiveFit 12 week program. I haven't lost weight but holy crap I have better legs than I ever though possible to have. And my tummy is getting flat and toned. It's weight focused, and there is not a ton of cardio, but I find that my heart rate still gets up there most of the time. I adore this program.

ETA:
    Yes, I had the wobble thighs and saddle bags and about 3 months in, I just have toned thighs. They aren't smaller by any means and I have a way to go but............I went this weekend in a bathing suit and LOVED it.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Hiiii y'all!!!!!

I know its impossible to spot reduce, or spot tone -

Is this correct?. I know you cannot spot reduce but i have always assumed you can spot tone. i.e i cannot specifically reduce only the fat in my belly, but i can do specific exercise to tone my tummy
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    Hiiii y'all!!!!!

Is this correct?. I know you cannot spot reduce but i have always assumed you can spot tone. i.e i cannot specifically reduce only the fat in my belly, but i can do specific exercise to tone my tummy

what does "tone" really mean? dont most women who use it to mean reducing body fat so that there is some muscular definition?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Hiiii y'all!!!!!

what does "tone" really mean? dont most women who use it to mean reducing body fat so that there is some muscular definition?

Yep.

Some people also think they've 'toned' when they do a lot of reps with low weight and get a muscle pump. That only lasts for a day or so, though.
  • missionskinnynow
    Hiiii y'all!!!!!

Yep.

Some people also think they've 'toned' when they do a lot of reps with low weight and get a muscle pump. That only lasts for a day or so, though.

Thinking about it, what does "spot tone" really mean ? reduce fat in a particular spot ? thats what I imagined it to be, and don't think thats possible