Need more Protein

Options
Help!!! I really need to add more protein to my diet but I do not like eggs and I don't really care much for meat. What can I eat?

Replies

• Sthere
    Sthere Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    protein shakes, nuts, tofu, quinoa, cottage cheese, beans
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    spinach, kale, romaine, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, peanut better, almonds, lentils, black beans, quinoa, tempeh,
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fish, chicken, seafood, cottage cheese, nuts..............
  • RAWR1202
    Options
    Fish or other types of seafood? There are loads to choose from such as prawns, crab, mussels, squid, octopus, etc. Be adventurous and try something unusual if it's not too expensive. (God I want to go to Japan again for the cheap seafood).
    Cheese? You can have a strong flavoured cheese in moderation if you're worried about calories. There are also a few low calorie alternatives that taste surprisingly good such as 'Laughing Cow' cheese triangles but they tend to have quite a bit of salt.
    Tofu? It's plain by itself but I love eating chilled tofu with a good dollop of red miso or some of the spicy paste used to make mapo tofu. I doubt they're available where you are unless you're in a developed East Asian country but you can get some really interesting types such as green tofu made from edamame beans. Alternatively, you can just eat edamame beans with some sea salt sprinkled over them. I'll warn you that they're highly addictive though.
    Speaking of beans and the like - chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils, etc. They're pretty high in protein and are really filling.
    Nuts and seeds too but just be careful not to eat too many.
    Mushrooms are also pretty high protein for a vegetable. Some varieties have really interesting shapes and textures.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Good list so far, just would add plain greek yogurt since it hasn't been mentioned yet.