Anyone know any healthy cookie recipes?

Options
allehp
allehp Posts: 96
I'm not much of a cook, but I figure substituting splenda for sugar and using whole wheat flour would be a good start, right?
I've been hunting for a good oatmeal cookie recipe but I can never figure out the calories and I never know if they're really as good (tasting or health-wise) as they say they are.

Anyone had any luck with low cal cookies?

Replies

• EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Try these!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/756636/the-ultimate-makeover-chocolate-chip-cookies

There are also healthy muffins,soups,desserts and other recipes on this website which i love! you can use weight conversion websites to change the recipes if they aren't right for you :)
  • fitmaria
    Options
    Weight Watchers has an excllent cookie recipe with oatmeal ! I will try to find it and send it to you!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the Myfitnesspal recipe box it will calculate the calories of any home made recipe you can come up with and you can save it to you profile too!

Go to FOOD tab, tap on Recipes, look to your lower right and you will see a green button "Enter New Recipes" Give your recipe a name then enter each of the ingredients and amounts (most of the ingredients are in the data base for nutritional info) putting in the serving size will calculate the calories of each serving (Cookie). This is a great way to see how a special treat will come out in fiber, cals, carbs etc.... Good Luck.
  • keba1908
    keba1908 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have made cholesterol lowering cookies (used real sugar and did not lose a pound but my cholesterol went down). I used the recipe on the Quacker Oats top. I used olive oil instead of butter, used more oats in place of the white flour, egg beaters, and used brown sugar (at the time I thought is was healthy because it was not white :). I have made them with whole wheat flour and splenda but the texture was different (they tasted good but tasted like a diet cookie) and eating 3 of these whole wheat cookies wrecked havo on my tummy!!!!
  • bzeppetelli
    Options
    Cookies and healthy don't really get along, but if you are looking for a cookie with some added nutritional value you can find that.

I buy a high protein cookie from Premier Nutrition (they make protein bars that are commonly sold in stores). I buy them from bodybuilding.com (but they are sold in other places online as well), just google it. All in all, 1 cookie, which is enough to satisfy a sweet craving is 150 calories, 15g carbs, 5g sugar, 10g protein. They sell Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin. They are sold in packages (which has 2 cookies) or a box of 12 packages (24 cookies). They last quite a while because I don't eat them daily. They are soft out of the package, but if you drop it in the microwave for about 12-15 seconds you can get the chocolate chips melted.

I also make my own protein bars from scratch and have refined the recipe enough that they still taste good, but are clean and healthy. If you are interested in that recipe, please email me at brian.zep13@gmail.com

Good luck.

Brian
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks everyone!! :)
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like these - not necessarily low cal, but healthy ingredients:

http://viveleveganrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/04/super-charge-me-cookies.html