men with large quads & butts...'mere!

Options
My son started a weight training program & his quads & bubble butt have grown.

A lot.

He's outgrown the 30's he'd been wearing before he started working out, started wearing 32's with a belt & now he's on to 33-34's.

The problem is they're terribly large at the waist & the belt isn't cutting it anymore.

He can wear Levi's 511, 513.

Guys with big butts & big quads, help me out here...what jeans do you wear?

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    *awkward*

Lol

Try relaxed fit jeans. They usually have wider leg room but standard waist. If not... I think they still sell jncos?!? (Not serious)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    *awkward*

Lol

Try relaxed fit jeans. They usually have wider leg room but standard waist. If not... I think they still sell jncos?!? (Not serious)

jncos!!!!!!
    -__-
  • DjinnMarie
    Options
    Lmao. We are showing our age.
    *awkward*

Lol

jncos!!!!!!
    -__-
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I've heard of "Anti-thigh gap jeans" - they're marketed towards athletes.
    You might be best off with a sewing machine and youtubing how to tailor the waist of jeans though. Then you can just buy what he needs for his legs and adjust the waist.
  • Trey2k3
    Trey2k3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've suffered the same condition my entire life. Relax fit jeans will have to do the trick until he can get them custom fitted.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    As others have said, relaxed fit is probably the best bet.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say something about 'doing gods work' but I see this about your son.

So.

Awkward.
  • hookilau
    Options
    duh...I didn't even think of 'relaxed'...makes sense because the first to go were the Hollisters.
    Thanks guys.
  • hookilau
    Options
    I was gonna say something about 'doing gods work' but I see this about your son.

So.

Awkward.

thud!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've suffered the same condition my entire life. Relax fit jeans will have to do the trick until he can get them custom fitted.

how YOU doin'??
  • hookilau
    Options
    :laugh:
    you guys are hilarious!

I totally didn't get why people kept saying 'awkward' :blushing:
    I'll just, um, yeah...:laugh:
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Have you *seen* the tushies and thighs on a real rodeo cowboy? Yeh... lol

Google this:

01MWX Wrangler 20X competition jeans

:smile:

No, I'm not a guy with a bubble butt or muscley thighs....but I am a woman who grew up in Montana around the rodeo circuit. lol

Editing to add:
    (not just that particular style, but a lot of Wranglers with the same cut I think would suit him nicely with regard to proper fit).
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Came hoping for pictures of large quads and butts....

Left feeling a bit disappointed.
    :embarassed:
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I think some pictures would help us evaluate the situation.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I've always worn relaxed fit, for that among other reasons I needed more room.

And...

3129307969_dcd291490d.jpg
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Came hoping for pictures of large quads and butts....

Left feeling a bit disappointed.
    :embarassed:

This...
  • DjinnMarie
    Options
    I've always worn relaxed fit, for that among other reasons I needed more room.

And...

3129307969_dcd291490d.jpg

Thanks for taking one for the team!
  • hookilau
    Options
    Have you *seen* the tushies and thighs on a real rodeo cowboy? Yeh... lol

Google this:

01MWX Wrangler 20X competition jeans

:smile:

No, I'm not a guy with a bubble butt or muscley thighs....but I am a woman who grew up in Montana around the rodeo circuit. lol

Editing to add:
    (not just that particular style, but a lot of Wranglers with the same cut I think would suit him nicely with regard to proper fit).

:noway: My DH used to wear Wranglers all through the 90's cause they were the only jeans that were roomy enough for his hips & quads! He was a power lifter back then. I started to say that in my previous post, but since I got an answer, I was hoping the thread would die :laugh:

ETA: just googled Wrangler's competition jeans & they look like they might work. He's 18 though, so I never know how things will go...kids! -__-

I'm pretty sure I'll have to keep the part about his dad wearing Wrangler's to myself though :laugh:
  • hookilau
    Options
    I've heard of "Anti-thigh gap jeans" - they're marketed towards athletes.
    You might be best off with a sewing machine and youtubing how to tailor the waist of jeans though. Then you can just buy what he needs for his legs and adjust the waist.

whoa...I thought this was a joke that I wasn't savy enough to get, but the part about sewing made it seem serious (I sew). Having gotten quite the education here on MFP, and after I realized the direction the 'awkward' comments were taking, I figured it would be best not to google 'anti thigh gap jeans' :huh:

Feeling brave though, I re-read your post & googled it and I'll be damned :laugh:
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    In for men with quads and da booty.