hi all

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Louise 24, started my diet properly today even though ive been registered on here for over a week. Need to get something done about this excess weight.
How have you long timers done?? Have you found my fitness pal to be a good help?? Love to hear from ya all

Louise =D xxxx

Replies

• keta6atl
    Options
    Hi Louise...this place is awesome for inspiration.....motivation....you can learn something in the forums.....just a great site....I love it..
    Rob
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi Louise, i've been on MFP for over a year but have only started it again (seriously) from Jan of this year. I put on quite a bit of weight since getting married in '09, lost my bestriend Jan '10 from a brain tumour and went a bit OTT with Xmas! Sooooooo to save myself from depression, I have completely changed my attitude towards food and exercise and i'm now kinda getting addicted to working out! MFP is fantastic for support and the Success Stories section is brilliant - it really inspires you to carry on knowing that one day, it'll be you posting those before and after pics!

Don't see it as a diet, see it as a change in the way you live your life. You don't have to deny yourself food that you love, just have it in moderation and make sure you work it off! You'll get there. And if you have a bad day, don't panci we all have bad days, just be extra good the next day. I treat myself at the weekends, so I can still have the pudding after Sunday lunch!

A good tip, log EVERYTHING you eat! And make sure to log your exercise for the day as you will have more calories to consume throughout the day then. Make sure you eat those exercise calories to as you need them. You'll see many debates on here regarding exercise calories and in plain and simple terms, if you don't eat the exercise calories, you'll be under your daily calorie goal and after only a short period of time this will effect your metabolism, and you could even see yourself putting ON weight! Which is NOT good!

I'm hunting for new friends on here so please add me to your friend list! We need all the support we can get. Good luck in your weight loss journey, MFP will definitely help you onto the right track.

Jude x:flowerforyou:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. only been on a month, and have lost almost 6 pounds. it may not seem like a lot, but i only wanted to lose 15 pounds. i have totally revamped my eating and exercising habits, after it became completely clear what i was eating and what i wasnt getting enough of. good luck. im so sorry about your friend. :flowerforyou: feel free to friend me.
  • e3slisa
    e3slisa Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi Louise, and welcome, this is a fantastic site, I have lost 15lbs on here (even with the Xmas slip up of gaining 6 of them back!!! Back on track again now, feel free to add me as a freind, the support you get is vital to the weight loss :smile: Good luck :wink:
  • saramathers22
    Options
    Welcome Louise!

You will love the site, have been using it 2 weeks now and I'm addicted!

Unlike other plans I have done I really want to succeed here as the onus is on ME to do all the work...I make sure I log EVERYTHING I eat and of course the exercise I do, and it's really rewarding to log in a weight loss.

Good luck x