Curse You Pantry Moths!!

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
Augh! I thought I had this little infestation under control when I tossed out all my cereal and pasta boxes infiltrated by those powdery little brown monsters.

And what do I find in my freshly cooked white rice? Moth larvae! They've invaded my rice! Woe to the world!

This is like the 4th time I've had stupid little pantry moths coming uninvited into my home. RAWR!

Once again, time to..

image.png

Replies

• Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Store your stuff in your freezer for a month or so.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Everything goes into screw-top glass jars. I hate finding my pecan pieces full of silk and larvae!!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Been there unfortunately. A couple of times and had to throw everything out. Now I keep everything in air tight containers to try to isolate moths and larvae if they are in anything. Grrrrrrrr, I feel for you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    fire_zpse860dbb3.gif

Also at first I read this topic as "Curse You Potty Mouths"

I got nothing.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    fire_zpse860dbb3.gif

I got nothing.

And I read it as "Panty Moths."
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

I got nothing.

Ridiculous. You don't curse potty mouths on MFP. You send them a friend request.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I got nothing.

You win
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    fire_zpse860dbb3.gif

I got nothing.

Me too, moreso because I use Always.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    fire_zpse860dbb3.gif

I got nothing.

Me, too. I was sitting here wondering how one got moths in their panties. I was going to suggest those moth ball packets, but those don't work for rice because OP would get poisoned.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you some giant flying cockroaches and mosquitos the size of small falcons
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Moths, larvae, giant flying cockroaches, falcon sized mosquitoes.........

Just extra protein and texture :tongue:
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you some giant flying cockroaches and mosquitos the size of small falcons

Mosquitoes are infesting your pantry?

Also...ew cockroaches bleh! Got a bug guy for that.
    SweetBrown.jpg
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Last time I got those little buggers they came in with bird seed. Glass screw top jars and a couple of those pheromone sticky traps got rid of them (they were cheap entertainment for the cats but I'd rather pay money for real toys).
  • getnfit87
    getnfit87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you can pick up a pheromone trap at the bigger hardware stores, that attracts the males and they get stuck in glue, freezing stuff will do away with them, bird seed is a common vector for them, as it is generally not stored at cool enough temperatures to interrupt the cycle and gets eggs in it that hatch out in your home, like weevils they are present in in meals and flours and the like also, but those generally stay cool enough to lessen the chance of them being exposed to lots of egg laying females, the glue traps with the pheromones are fairly effective, but do need to be swapped out as the scent must lessen with exposure to air, and again it only attracts the randy males so the females continue to wreak havoc :) I get the black flag moth traps at the hardware store that isn't highes
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I got nothing.

Ridiculous. You don't curse potty mouths on MFP. You send them a friend request.

She speaks the truth.

I totally found meal worms in a container of dill weed ... that I had used the week prior. I was gagging the whole time I cleaned out my spice cabinet. :sick: