What's the absolute lowest you'll go on calories?

Options

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've been known to only hit 800 but that usually only happens when I get really upset, ie Sunday when I went to work and found out that the store I work for is closing in 2 days. My stomach gets upset and I can't eat till it calms down and honestly it and I didn't calm down till after I had gotten some sleep. But I tried to make up for it the next day I think I actually went over cause I couldn't find any nutrition info on the new sandwiches at Sonic's. Beyond that I try not to go below 1300 but I don't think I'm gonna get it today either just not hungry but still planning on getting into my new jar of pineapple or some ice cream.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am trying to net about 2200 calories every day. (I am calorie averaging)
    However, I won't go below 1800 calories. I will eat a few teaspoons of peanut butter just to make sure I get there.

However.. to be honest.. My problem hasn't been going low it has been those "high" days!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    God I don't remember the last time I had xtra calories at the end of the day but I'm going to say the golden 1200 calories would be my lowest
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My average TDEE is 2200. Range is 2000-2500 depending on activity. I use 2200 as an average. I typically eat total cals of 1900-2200 with a weekly 2500 cal day to keep my leptin & ME happy. My primary fitness is heavy lifting 3 x week with an outdoor walk 3 - 4 days per week dependent on weather & my mood. My current goals are to lean up via fat loss / body recomposition by eating close to or just under TDEE and weight training Like. A. Boss. Even when I was in a more aggressive loss mode - 1700 was my lowest cal level.

GOAL: To eat as much as you can and lose FAT. Sustainable habits for LIFE.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My average TDEE is 2200. Range is 2000-2500 depending on activity. I use 2200 as an average. I typically eat total cals of 1900-2200 with a weekly 2500 cal day to keep my leptin & ME happy. My primary fitness is heavy lifting 3 x week with an outdoor walk 3 - 4 days per week dependent on weather & my mood. My current goals are to lean up via fat loss / body recomposition by eating close to or just under TDEE and weight training Like. A. Boss. Even when I was in a more aggressive loss mode - 1700 was my lowest cal level.

GOAL: To eat as much as you can and lose FAT. Sustainable habits for LIFE.

:drinker:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My rock bottom minimum is 2000. If I stay down there more then a day in a row, gym performance really suffers. When I'm in the peak weeks of a training cycle, 2700-2800 is too low.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    2000. Period.
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I should say that 1800 is what I ate NET for rapid weight loss. Meaning if I exercised that day I'd eat more like 2300.

The only times I ate only 1800 was if I hadn't exercised the whole day.

The lowest I've ever netted over a period of time was netting about -2500 calories for 14 days straight.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The lowest goal I've set for myself is 1350 net. I didn't like that at all and now the lowest calorie goal I'll use is 1400. I'm 5'1". I have been maintaining below the top of my weight range, without logging, for a couple months, but I'm working on losing a pound or two again now in preparation for going on a fancy vacation so I'm doing 1400 presently. Normally, when maintaining, it's around 1700 (my metabolism is faster than MFP's estimate).

Probably the lowest net amount I've eaten in a day was 900 or so-- BUT that was on a day when I gardened really hard for about 9 or 10 hours; I actually took in well above 2000 that day but the burn from that kind of gardening is crazy.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    I will never drop below 1800 again. My goal is to be able to lose on 2000 a day.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't know. There are days that I'm just not that hungry (like today I spent the entire morning and part of the afternoon on the toilet) or I'll happen to be really into my workout and burn off more than I'd intended to. I just let it be. I generally have ~1500 give or take so I don't see the harm in having some very low calorie days.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    My ticker is set to 2450 (TDEE method so gross) and I'd probably have to go a ways back to find a day that ended in the green, but I can't imagine eating less than 2000 at this point and not ending up STARVING by the next morning. I am also in the eat as much as possible while still getting the weight to go down camp.
  • joez71
    joez71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As my weight loss increases I seem to do ok on lower calories, these days I find 1450-1500 is as low as I can got without getting cravings and still maintain my engery levels.

I think its wrong to think of it as a static figure, your body is changing so it makes sense your requirments will too. I'd recommend you review it monthly.
  • Missfit35
    Options
    What ever it takes to get the job done!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am physically unable to go much below 2,000 -- otherwise bodies are left in my hangry wake.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP I net 1850. Eventually figured out that I could still lose 1 lb a week on 2250 net. On maintenance now and I aim to net 2500-2600, though I had a day when I hit 4478 and I think that was net.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1400 unless I take a completely sedentary day
  • karenmarie1234
    Options
    Rock bottom gross calorie intake is at LEAST 1,200. Typically I'm in the 1,600 range. If you are counting net calories, that really varies from day to day based on how active I am... sometimes net is as low as 300 but never higher than 1,200.