Does this sound ok?

I am starting my weight lose journey again after losing 70 pounds then gaining 100 back. I am now almost 400 pounds and feeling every bit of it. I set up myfitness pal as 2000 calories 200 grams of carbs, 89 grams of fat, and 100 grams of protein. I put sodium lower to 1500mg as I have high blood pressure. Do these amounts sound right for a 400 pound male. thanks

Replies

• pkanakas223
    pkanakas223 Posts: 1 Member
    PLEEZE check with your doctor. And i found that I needed to make my goals realistic. How many calories are you eating now? I slowly lowered my intake until I got used to it. If I keep it realistic and high enough for me to feel full I won't go off of it. Good Luck!
  • dlmowrey55
    dlmowrey55 Posts: 10 Member
    I went with the recommendations MFP made when I signed up. I commend you for trying again. I'd love to follow you on your journey. Please add me as a friend.
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    I would not know how many calories I eat now but if I had to guess at least 4000. I eat til I go to bed. Today I actually ate almost 2 pounds of jelly beans and 1 big bag of chips. I do not know why I can not get my mind to where it was my last weight lose journey. Thx
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Do these amounts sound right for a 400 pound male. thanks

Use MFP's calculator or any of the online calculators (Scooby's or IIFYM) to determine how much you should be eating. 2000 sounds low for a 400 lbs male.
  • GlamourVintage
    GlamourVintage Posts: 60 Member
    I would first talk to your doctor and also get a referral to see a nutritionist. If you want to be friends, you can add me. Good luck!