Feel like crap

mrslondon
mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
So I really feel like I have completely failed with all this. I did really good on my first 2 weeks, I lost 5lbs. Last week PMS kicked in, and I did ok, I gained 2lbs but I also cheated a little and gave into some of my cravings, chocolate etc but I didnt eat too much. Well my period is going to start any day now and I weighed in this morning and I had gained another 1.5lbs. WTF. I have been so good and I know I cheated but this is so annoying, I feel like ive let myself down, why have I put weight on? I dont get it, this is such BS

Replies

• Hey being a woman can really suck when you r trying to get the weight off...PMS can really throw your whole plan in the toilet..the water weight, and whatever the hell else attaches to your body to make your weight go up...don't worry..you will show some weight gain through these couple of weeks probably every month BUT..it will come right back off once your period is ending. you will still go down in weight. Sometimes it will help if you do an extra workout during that time. It will at least make you feel better..also, the scale doesn't show up stuff right away. Sometimes it can take a couple of days for cheating to show up. Good luck and hang in there!
  • Period weight makes a huge change on the scale :) Keep doing what u r doing and I bet the scale next week will show all of your hard work....remember a lot of little changes = big changes ...
  • Don't beat yourself up over it! We all do it and just have to jump back on the waggon. The weight will come off and giving into your cravings now and then is no bad thing. After years of years of dieting I have no willpower or strength whatsoever anymore and always give into cravings. The best thing to do is to try and keep busy and not keep too much chocolate etc. in the house. I'm no saint - I know what to do but I cannot do it and last week was bad for me. I started back on my diet and then TOM and I was back to snacking on crisps and biscuits. They've all gone now and I'm not buying anymore! I have gained a pound and am now 17lbs more than I was this time last year!

So don't fret and work extra hard at it this week :-)
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    I generally learned NOT to weigh myself when I'm on my period, or about to be on my period. Why? Because even if you're doing well, you can still gain weight. When I was on mine for January, I exorcized, ate right, etc. When I weighed myself, I STILL gained one pound. I was crushed. The following day (when my period ended) I lost two pounds.

Despite cheating a little, it wouldn't hurt to not weigh yourself until you were completely done with your period, that way, you can get a more accurate weight.

Don't feel discouraged. Just pick up where you left off, you’ll do better next time! You’re also probably retaining extra water weight from your period. Some people I've talked to said they could gain up to 10 pounds alone on their periods (from water weight alone), yikes! It's just a dreadful time a month all around. :-p
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    I think there are a lot of posts about the period weight gain on here today - and I think your 1.5 lbs can totally be attributed to the hormonal stuff going on before/during your period. Just stick to your plan and I bet next week will be better.
  • mrslondon
    Thanks guys that makes me feel a little better. I know I shouldnt have weighed myself and next month I will know not to as its just dissapointing. I guess I wont take it too much to heart, I just feel kinda down after all my hard work. Just need some time to mope around for a bit and im sure I will feel better once my period is over and I can get back on track completely
  • mrslondon
    I think there are a lot of posts about the period weight gain on here today - and I think your 1.5 lbs can totally be attributed to the hormonal stuff going on before/during your period. Just stick to your plan and I bet next week will be better.

Yeah thats the plan. I am just bummed as I lost 5lbs and gained a total of 3.5lbs back.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Period weight makes a huge change on the scale :) Keep doing what u r doing and I bet the scale next week will show all of your hard work....remember a lot of little changes = big changes ...

True!!!
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    I got the Mirena birth control and my period is so random. It makes me drop and gain 2-3 pounds of water weight like every other week. Don't let mother nature stop you!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    It's just a whole buncha water weight, don't fret just keep drinking lots of water and keep rockin your workouts and the weight will keep coming off!! I know it's hard but avoid the scale during that crappy time of the month because mother nature can be a biotch!!:laugh: Keep working girl you got this!!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    I always gain about 2 lbs the week of my period and it always comes right back off. I make to plan for it with low-cal snacks that help with cravings and drink lots of water! You will be just fine. :happy:
  • mrslondon
    Thanks everyone, I am trying to power through it. Just doesnt help that I feel like ****, i cheated last night with pizza but I guess my stomach has shrunk,i only ate 2 slices and I was so full. So i didnt feel too bad about cheating because i didnt eat much. once this time of the month is over, i will dominate this damn food and I WILL lose a total of 10lbs by the end of this month,5lbs to go!
This discussion has been closed.