BACK ON MFP AND READY TO COMMIT

Options
Hey Guys,
I just got back on MFP like today, and i really really want to commit again. I have seriously goals and am really motivated. Looking for motivating , Inspired and like minded individuals to help me on my journey. Feel free to add!! LETS DO THIS!!!!! :tongue:

Replies

• abbuckner
    abbuckner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That was me 6mths ago! I needed to get motivated, and to be accountable for what I do to look after myself - anyone telling me I should, isn't motivation enough, unless I decide myself. 6mths ago I did just that - I got back on MFP to motivate me and make me accountable for all the extra snacking calories and lack of exercise.

I have reduced my snacking, almost wiped out fast food, and started back cycling, which I haven't been doing to this level since school (am now 40yrs old, so a long time!). As such, I can happily say I have lost 17.5kg (about 38.5lb) in the past 6mths, and am feeling so much better than I have for many years!

I still have another 10kg to go before I am where I need to be for my health, but am feeling that I will get there, and maybe even before the end of the year! I have goals, results, and motivation ... just keeping going now!
  • aquafrog
    aquafrog Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!
  • nellllly2123
    Options
    I hear ya!
    I literally started back with MFP today also. So seeing your post
    was my confirmation. TY!
  • carolstime
    carolstime Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need guidance, I eat pretty good, just to much, exercise only for damaged areas burst shoulder and disc problem lower back. Today I went and walked 1 mile after work, goal is to try and do this 4-5 days weekly. My husband is a small farm man 124 lbs next to my bulky frame, is not a pretty picture. Would love to find a soulmate to work with.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The biggest and best piece of advice I can give is to log everything you eat even if it isn't pretty and you get the ugly red numbers. I have found that I really hate seeing those red numbers and see it as a personal challenge to find various healthy foods that I can eat to keep me full and in the green calories wise. Some days I have to do some serious exercising for that to happen! I was horrible for not measuring and accurately logging my food and I would get frustrated because the scale didn't seem to budge, but once I did a better job of logging my food intake and not getting too excited over the calorie burns that MFP assumes I burn that I started losing weight successfully. Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • brandiofLA
    brandiofLA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Girl me too - today's my first day back on the wagon. I'm down if you are!!! Let's do it!
  • Thats amazing!!! Wishing you the best of luck as you reach your goal!! Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • laton008
    Options
    I'm back too, and seeking friends feel free to add me. I have 1 day of success under my belt.