Not Fair!!!

Options
So, I have a sore throat and the Halls Honey & Lemon sore throat drops help my throat and are the only ones that I can actually handle the taste of. The problem is that each drop is 15 calories!!!! Now come on! 15 calories for something to help my throat?!?! :sad:

Ok, going to keep logging it in my food diary and add a couple extra minutes on the elliptical & treadmill to offset it.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Bummer! Think about it this way, when you are sick you lose your appetite so you won't be eating much other than chicken noodle soup and OJ for the next few days. Ps: stick to low sodium soup both for your weight and so that the fluids you put into your body to recover aren’t just used to counteract an overdose of sodium. Get well soon!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i know!! i was really upset when i went through my cough drops and they all had atleast 15 cals each! (about 4 diff kinds!) but i HAD to have a couple!! i think any medicines should be calorie free. its not fair!
  • Emma1732
    Options
    That really isn't fair! E xxx:grumble:
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    15 calories for one tiny medicine to help your throat does seem a little much. :-(
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    They have sugar-free in the same flavor for only 5 calories a drop. Those are the only kind I use!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    They have sugar-free in the same flavor for only 5 calories a drop. Those are the only kind I use!

ditto on this.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    There are some brands that have sugar free cough drops. I hate artificial sweeteners myself, so I'll sacrifice a few cals - but if you're having to use a bunch, might help to get the sugar free ones. Hope you feel better soon!
  • emsmommy9
    emsmommy9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One of the BEST things for a sore throat is real ginger tea. Go buy an actual ginger root at the store, slice it and boil the slices in a teapot or medium saucepan until it is a light amber color. Then sweeten with honey (preferably) or splenda, etc. It will burn slightly when you drink it but that means it is working. Ginger is a natural antiseptic. Yes, there are calories in honey but if you use splenda there are none. Good luck! Also, the sugar free drops that someone else mentioned work very well also and are only 5 calories. Feel better!
  • ethancarlson
    Options
    15 calories is nothing to be honest ...I wouldn't worry about it - especially since you are sick. Your body is putting in overtime as far as calories burned when you are sick just doing the normal bodily functions to fight off the virus/bacteria. I'm sure you are burning more calories being sick and taking the cough drops than you do not taking cough drops when you are fine (as far as resting metabolism)...nothing to even give a second thought to