Limited Exercise

Options
All,

Just wondering if anyone could let me know if they have experience of this slight problem Im currently trying to deal with.

I'm currently in a full time job, and in college four nights a week - I leave my house at 7am and get back about 10:30pm.
As you can imagine, this doesn't leave any time for exercise, is it bad that I can only really exercise at the weekends?
Will this be detrimental to my goal?

I have tried the 5:30am starts so I could get a mile done on the treadmill, but instead of energising me it means that I'm shattered by the time I'm going to college 12 hours later.

Is anyone else juggling too much?

Replies

• Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Not juggling like you as am stayed at home mum atm. How about just walking more during a day? They usual, like getting off a bus a stop earlier or parking you car farther away so you have to walk to it. Have a brisk walk in your lunch break before you eat you lunch (not the sweaty time as you are at work). Walk the stairs instead of lift. Things like that.....they say every little helps. :smile:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you don't have time to workout on the 4 days that you are at work and school, then just workout on the 3 days that you have free. This is not going to be detrimental at all...it would only be detrimental if you didn't workout at all on any of those days. Just watch your calories 7 days a week and get those workouts in when you can. No reason to overdo stuff cause that can actually cause stuff to happen like injuries, lack of sleep, too much stress, etc.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Yeah, I know how you feel. With full-time shift work and three kids - one disabled, one a baby, I don't get a lot of free time. My weightloss has ground to a halt since I went back to work. I find that tiredness fuels my appetite but destroys my energy. If you come up with a solution, let me know!
  • amysambora
    Options
    If you're sticking to your calorie amount, it shouldn't be too detrimental! Remember weight loss is just as much about what you eat than how much you exercise - some may say more so. I haven't changed my exercise habits much at all and I'm still losing. Of course it depends on how much you have to lose, and being active is definitely an important part of a healthy lifestyle, but don't aim for something unattainable. Start with small changes. Stick with your exercise on the weekends, and make sure you eat super clean during the week. Try and add in some extra activity wherever you can. Do you have a treadmill at home? Maybe walk on that while you read, or watch TV. Every little bit counts :)
  • araic
    araic Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks all...

In any given day I have about an hour of walking (quite a brisk pace too) in the commute from home, to work, to college then back home again...and I do take the stairs at work when I can.

I just really am exhausted mon-thursday at the minute. This could also be down to the reduced calorie intake during the day too.
    I'll give it a few weeks and see how I'm going.