Snacks

Options
Anyone have any ideas on filling, healthy snacks I can keep in my desk while I am at work?

Replies

• nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hiya

How about flavoured rice cakes or dried fruit or nuts?
  • mjd1980
    mjd1980 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hiya

why not snack on sticks of carrott, sliced peppers or cherry toms :) xx HTH
  • babyg1rl82
    Options
    What types of food do you enjoy? Its hard to recommend something when you don't know what the person likes so tell me some of your favorite food types, what you used to snack on if given the option and I will try and come up with some healthy alternatives for you :)
  • cookiejones
    Options
    Try to get some protein in there......nuts, veggies and hummus, homemade granola.... :)
  • ngraham311
    Options
    I will try the flavored rice cakes. I am already on the dried fruits and nuts kick.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    - A handful of almonds with a piece of string cheese.
    - Healthy Pop popcorn
    - Hummus with whatever veggie you like. My fave for hummus is red pepper strips.
    - Baby Carrots with LF ranch dressing.
    - Frozen grapes
    - Endamame (one of my new obsessions)
  • DJChutfield
    Options
    Fruits work nicely, I never knew how much I liked fruits until I started eating them regularly. When I'm in the mood for something sweet, I go for a chocolate protein bar. Nutrigrain bars unfortunately aren't as healthy as I thought they were, so they're out for me.
  • Bekaboo202
    Options
    I buy the 100 calorie snack packs. They control my portions, I get my junkfood fix, and they have NO preparation time. Sure, maybe not the HEALTHIEST choice, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons to me.
  • bluedoree
    Options
    I bought snack bags and my favorite snacks and started dividing my snacks up by serving size in the snack bags. I counted grapes, baby carrots, m&ms (only 12 per bag), mini snickers (only 4 per bag). I can only choose two snacks per day so I have to chose wisely. Sometimes when I need a third snack I eat sugar fee jello (saved me many times from going over).
  • kimbaclay
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas on filling, healthy snacks I can keep in my desk while I am at work?

I struggle with this same problem, knowing some good tasty snack ideas.
    Will keep looking at the responses for some good ones! :happy:
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you have a frig at work, yogurts always work for me. Also, may be a little high in sodium but I like the Liptons cup of soup, only 50 cal per packet with 15 rice crackers. Also rice crackers with 1oz of cheddar cheese cut and ready to go. V-8 juice in the cans-50 cal. crunch pak cut up apples 80 cal per serv.