salad ideas and homemade dressing recipes needed!

Options
hey everyone.
i am trying to keep salads interesting and fun.
i have never experimented with what does in my salad, i'm pretty basic.
looking to shake that up a bit.
also, i can't imagine a salad without dressing, so i'm looking for some healthy homemade dressings.

thanks!

Replies

• pastybuns
    Options
    These are the salad dressings I've come up with that I love thus far. I've made 10 bad recipes for every good one lol. They're raw vegan, healthy, and SUPER easy to make. Just shove everything in a blender.

Sweet basil dressing: tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and a few dates
    Sweet dressing with a kick: mangos and a little bit of red pepper
    Pico de gallo - esque dressing: tomatoes, sweet onion, cilantro. I pulse my blender on this one for a thicker dressing.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    cool dressing ideas, thanks!
    i always assumed you needed an oil base for dressing.
    guess not.
    thanks again
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like to roast a shallot and blend it with some yogurt, salt, pepper, and a bit of apple cider vinegar or mustard.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use Greek yoghurt mixed with teaspoon of Dijon mustard and teaspoon of mango chutney hm hmmmmm
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    My favorite dressing is half an avocado + couple tablespoons of full fat coconut milk + garlic + cayenne pepper + sea salt + pepper in the food processor (whole 30 and veg friendly.)
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm eating a lot of tomato, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, black olives and feta cheese tossed with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil as my "salad".
    And I'll roast tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic and mix that in with greens.
    Somewhere I have a recipe for homemade blue cheese dressing that I make that's so good I could eat it with a spoon.
    Shredded kale tossed with bacon and the bacon fat.

I make salad dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
    Lemon juice, garlic, parsley, olive oil - emulsified in a blender.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome.
    such great and creative ideas.
    thanks!