Nutriton and Weightlifting basics

Options
Pretty good write up here:
http://www.simplyshredded.com/why-we-grow.html

For those who are starting out with weight lifting and getting their nutrition in place, I think this is a very good read.

Replies

• MelKnight77
    MelKnight77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff from simply shredded. Great range of programs too for those starting out. Definitely worth a look.

Mel
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    one of my fav sites to visit.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I really liked this part: "The take home message here is the body doesn’t give a rat’s @$$ about getting bigger; in fact “training for size” is a misnomer because size is a secondary characteristic to other adaptations."
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    have you read or seen Mike Mentzer training theory
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great article! Too many people buy into the hype of all the product and new "cutting edge" training. Stick to the basics and know what you eat! Loved it!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    have you read or seen Mike Mentzer training theory

Yes I have.....
    I would also venture to say that roids had a huge impact on that...
    Not to mention, usually when he is mentioned, ppl leave out that he would do a bunch of warm up sets before his actual load sets.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    that is correct...lol
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    Did you post this for me so I'll stop with the 20 questions? LOL! Thank you for posting. You have been a tremendous help so far and my muscles thank you!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Did you post this for me so I'll stop with the 20 questions? LOL! Thank you for posting. You have been a tremendous help so far and my muscles thank you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    No....for everyone's info....

I don't mind answering questions