Has anyone tried or heard of PhenTabz?

Options
My Dr. had told me try these weight loss pills called PhenTabz..She swore by it. I told her to write me a prescription and i'd look into it. She told me that you can't get a prescription for it, I can only buy directly from specific physicians who carry it at their office. I though hmm this must be the super drug of weight loss if that's the case..(don't ask) .

It was $80 for one month, of course I decided to buy it before really doing the research. Apparently this drug refuses to disclose its ingredients so competitors don't steal its "magic ingredients" . The only other thing I could really find is that the country Australia has banned the drug, which sounds pretty bad.

I have been taking it for about a week. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this "Magic pill" .

Thanks for reading

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Here are the "magic ingredients" for weight loss:

Calorie + Deficiency = Weight Loss

Otherwise, Bull + sh$t = Bullsh$t!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    No and not trying them either. Eating less and making sure I exercise more seems to work. I bet it will work for you too if you try it.
    Eta: I find it interesting that you don't have a problem putting an unknown substance into your body that an entire country has banned.
  • Jennifersstory
    Jennifersstory Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken them since I seen that. Trust me I shouldn't have even taken them until I did proper research, shame on me. I wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this or tried them. I am surprised my doctor is promoting them if they could be so potentially dangerous.

*Think I should find a Dr....*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Lol, if it can't be gotten by prescription, it's not FDA monitored. So it would fall under DSHEA guidelines and you could be paying $80 for fillers.
    Anyway, don't resort to pills for weight loss. It's a temporary fix and from previous posts you don't sound like you would handle weight regain very well. And that's what happens when one uses temporary fixes to solve weight loss issues.
    Learn to follow a LIFE LONG eating plan and not just one to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yeah get a new Dr sounds like they are just trying to make money out of you. Diet and exercise is all you need and won't cost you a fortune. Good luck with it
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just have another post about how you were discouraged because you didn't lose any weight this week?

So you started a new "magic pill" a week ago, and then stopped losing weight. I think there's your answer about how well it works.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I don't know your health or relationship with your doctor. Nonetheless, I find it quite disturbing when a doctor refers a patient to pills for weight loss as opposed to a qualified nutritionist and dietitian.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    popcorn12.gif
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Phentermine - im pretty sure is the main ingredient. ive tried artificial versions online. this product is effective as an appetite suppressant and energy but is addictive. it is a stimulant. the artificial one i tried did work but you become immune to your dosage and need more and more. and their are withdrawals as well, that's why its doctor regulated. when you decide to come of it your appetite comes back hence the weight comes back. its just a drug a drug without the extreme high. that's why crack addicts, meth addicts, etc get thin all those drugs suppress the appetite. so in reality its no different than any amphetamine you feel more energy euphoria and no appetite just not high.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Almost everyone who takes a prescription is putting something in their body that they don't understand. No shame in that.

If it's phentermine, there has been a great deal of criticism over the damage it can do. Since I don't need a pill to lose weight, I wouldn't take even the smallest risk, much less bigger ones like those that come with that drug.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    2. Never take any pill that substitutes a Z for an S. That ain't medicine. That's marketing done by 20 year olds.
    Yes, this. This sounds so fake and gimmicky.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just have another post about how you were discouraged because you didn't lose any weight this week?

So you started a new "magic pill" a week ago, and then stopped losing weight. I think there's your answer about how well it works.
    Yeeeeeep!
  • Jennifersstory
    Jennifersstory Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    She told me that you can't get a prescription for it, I can only buy directly from specific physicians who carry it at their office.

This is shady as eff.
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/MedicationHealthFraud/ucm243756.htm#fraud

The above link is to the FDA's website on information about Weight Loss fraud. Because that's what this is. Fraud. Anyone that makes claims that a particular product that can do something and has absolutely no scientific evidence to support those claims is committing fraud. Doctors like that peddle these products should really lose their medical license.

OP you will hear on here over and over- log your foods, exercise, and maintain a calorie deficit. And there's good reason for that. It works. I'm not knocking vitamins and supplements because I do think some can be helpful, but anything that purports to be the ONLY effective weight loss drug, or the MIRACLE weight loss drug- well that company is just trying to take your money.

Best of luck to you and good luck in your search for a new doctor :)