New to the site

Options
Thanks to a friend who mentioned this site to me, I decided to give it a try. I am starting TODAY even though I'd already consumed too many calories before getting online to join. That way I can see just how out of control my intake of calories has become. Also, if I allowed myself to wait until tomorrow, I might find an excuse to wait until the next day, and the next...So, here I am. I know I can lose the weight now that I've decided to do it for myself.

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well congratulations on taking the first step, and good luck reaching your goals!
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    Welcome. It is a great site and full of support. Not even joking you, this site has 'made me' want to exercise more when I go to the gym just so I can report it back to this site. I have linked it to my facebook too which makes it even more important to do the right thing.

I have found if you have someone or better yet, a group of people to 'answer to' then it makes it better to push you to keep up with it.

Good luck... make friends and keep at it!
  • twe930
    twe930 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks to a friend who mentioned this site to me, I decided to give it a try. I am starting TODAY even though I'd already consumed too many calories before getting online to join. That way I can see just how out of control my intake of calories has become. Also, if I allowed myself to wait until tomorrow, I might find an excuse to wait until the next day, and the next...So, here I am. I know I can lose the weight now that I've decided to do it for myself.
  • ber32
    ber32 Posts: 1
    Options
    i have just signed up to this last week but it seems to be working for me.i really enjoy going the gym now to earn those extra cals:):)
  • twe930
    twe930 Posts: 3
    Options
    Great inspiration, no truer words have been said. There's no time like the present
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    welcome to MFP!
  • janeandmoses
    janeandmoses Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I too have just started. Was going to start slim fast diet, but reading the message boards this site was mentioned, and I have to say, from what I've seen so far it seems really great, feel very motivated at the moment so am hoping for a good loss the first week just to keep my motivation going !
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    welcome! im 24 days in and 17 lbs lighter! :D this site is great!

If you start feeling discouraged, do like I do and pull up the success stories and look at peoples before and after photos. Its truly amazing :D