Did you ever want to look like the Before?

Options
I used to sit and look at the ads on TV and those cartoon weight loss ads online and I'd see the Before & After pics and I'd think, "She doesn't look THAT bad. Just a little to lose. God, I wish I could just get to being a Before." Screw After. After was like a pipe dream. Before, that seemed doable. I could become a Before. Maybe. God willing, Before might be in the cards.

Totally realized how pathetic it was to want to look like the Before girl, but still wished I could just get there.

"Oh, if I could just be a Before!"

When I left Obese 2 and Obese behind and entered the Overweight BMI, I was deliriously happy. Walked around thinking, "I am not o-bee-eese!"

Then, one day, I looked in the mirror and called my best friend, who I'd shared my "I'm going to be a Before" goal with and told her I'd reached it. I was a Before! Oh, happy day!!! She cheered with me. Never had a real weight problem, that one. Always losing and gaining the same 20 pounds, using every crash diet that comes along. But she cheered for realz. :) That was a nice day.

I am a Before and I'm thrilled to be one!

(Working on being an After. Don't think it will top the long-anticipated thrill of being a Before, though.)
:)

Replies

• swordnsandal
    swordnsandal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your weight loss! I'm glad you've achieved one goal, and I have no doubt you'll reach your next one!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't normally post on the boards much...but this just made my morning!! I know that "wanting to be a Before" feeling. I'm kind of a "Before" person, now, at 173 and 5'3". Only problem is...when I look in the mirror I still see the 260 pound girl standing there. I do wish more folks would talk about the psychological effects of weight loss. ANYWAY...I am super happy for you!! And I'm glad you got a "for REALZ" cheer out of your friend. That's a great feeling, too!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the congrats. It's kind of pathetic to cheer about being a Before, though, lol.

Maybe it's just me that wanted to be a Before. :)

Edited to add: Yay! Another Before Wisher above me. :)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Love this! Sometimes the before to me look the same as the after. At times, I'd prefer the before too :-O... But seriously dear, don't strive to look like someone else. Try to be the best you that you can be.
  • lilMimi24
    lilMimi24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, way to go! Really inspiring, i was low "normal" weight, lost to BMI 12 then gained 65lbs. Now i would give anything to be back to the healthy before in my journey. Slowly does it and be proud of what you have achieved :)