30 lbs by 30 yrs

Options
Hello all! My name is Julia. My long term goal is to lose 70lbs as I have gained that much since meeting my husband 10 years ago! However, my short term goal is to lose 30lbs by the time I turn 30yrs old on August 12. This gives me about 7 months. I've heard that sharing your weigh tloss goals with others will keep you accountable and keep you focused on losing the weight. Let's hope this works!

Replies

• jadee76
    jadee76 Posts: 29
    Options
    This does work! Good choice joining. My b-day is 8/13 and would like to lose 35 lbs as a first goal. Let's encourage each other. You can add me as a friend =)
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    Good Luck to you!! MFP has made a world of difference in my food choices!
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    This website has made such a difference for me in a really short time. We all know you can do it, so keep us posted on your progress!
  • valerian101
    valerian101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I joined only yesterday and feel like I belong. This website is brilliant for losing weight.
  • KimKoz
    KimKoz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My goal is my 30th bday too.. June 3 for me. I have about 20 to lose. Started beginning of the month and I've done great but I know I'll hit a stopping point soon and thats normally when I give up. Not this time.

Sounds like you have a great goal !! Keep it up.
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    You're at the right place. If you take this site seriously and check in every day, you will find the support you need. I joined this site and told some of my friends about it. It really is a very cool site to make connections and therefore, push yourself to do the best you can do with the diet you choose.

Good luck to you!
  • am_last10lbs
    am_last10lbs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am turning 30 in February, but I am looking to lose 20lbs this year, and definitely could use some support and some motivation from others that are trying to achieve the same thing!

Will send permission to add as friend!

Good luck!

Ams
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey you! i think you can do it! im 30 in sept and would like to loose weight before then! feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Sounds like we both have the same goal!! Although yours is more attainable! My birthday is in April so I'm pretty sure that won't happen for me but you can DEFINITELY do it! Good luck!
  • KimKoz
    Options
    We should start a discussion thread for us trying to lose before 30, if there isn't one already. Could be helpful just to have others losing at the same mile point in life.
  • Mizzswager
    Options
    Hello all!!! I am in the same boat around 30-40 by August. I am turning 32 in Sept. but, would still like to be motiviated with you all turning 30! I think there is another thread and group for 30-35lbs of weight loss but, it looks like it might be older. I'd certainly be interested in being around with you guys! I weigh in today for my first week of tracking. I'm hoping at least 2lbs a week.
  • KimKoz
    Options
    TOPIC: Bring on 30 !! New members looking to lose in thier 30's

Started a topic in Motivation and Support - Join up girls and we can help eachother.
  • Lstrode
    Lstrode Posts: 51
    Options
    You're at the right place. If you take this site seriously and check in every day, you will find the support you need. I joined this site and told some of my friends about it. It really is a very cool site to make connections and therefore, push yourself to do the best you can do with the diet you choose.

Good luck to you!

Yeah, he got me here, and I've lost 3 lbs my first week! I love this site!!
  • ford_julia
    Options
    It's me again! So, obviously it's been awhile and I didn't reach my goal. :( After recent blood test results from the doc I've officially become fully motivated to eat better and get in shape!