Brussel Sprouts!

Options
13»

Replies

• nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, love them this way!
    Olive oil, salt, pepper and put them in the oven on 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes. You need to shake the pan every few minutes. They will start to look a little burnt but that's how you want them. Gives them a WAY better taste and the little "chips" that fall off are delicious!
  • WMLizard
    WMLizard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cut sprouts in half (or buy them that way...).

Toss in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (to taste, but salt and pepper are very important base spices!).
    Roast at 400 for about 15 minutes, or until you can really start to smell them. We like them with crispy outer leaves, so this is somewhat subjective.
    Toss back into the bowl with honey and red wine vinegar.

Sweet, tangy, with that hint of heat from the red pepper flakes. This will improve with some sitting before dinner, but they aren't AS good the next day.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love them roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper until crisp. Sometimes I'll toss them with a bit of balsamic when they come out, gives them a nice sweet, tangy, and salty flavor.

Alton Brown did a Good Eats show about Brussels Sprouts a few years back, and he had some interesting sounding recipes. Here's the episode link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/good-eats/12-series/a-cabbage-sprouts-in-brussels.html
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Roasted. Sauteed. They also make a great slaw. Whatever you do, don't boil them into a stinky, sodden mess.

Here's a recipe from my hobby cooking blog using them in a meal: http://heidicookssupper.com/blog/2010/04/22/quick-easy-meat-potatoes-meal/
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Yes please!

Roasted in oven with garlic and OO (the fresh ones).
    Placed in any stew or thick soup (the frozen ones.)
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Cook it with bacon :wink:
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Cook it with bacon :wink:

/thread
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    There was a recipe on here for roasted brussels sprouts with sriracha aoli. I made it the other day and damn, it was good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1411777-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-sriracha-aioli?hl=sriracha+aoli&page=2#posts-21300580
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oven or pan roast them w/ a little olive oil and seasonings of your choice...when done squeeze fresh lemon juice...then sprinkle w/ a little parmesan cheese...done!!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    My favorite Brussels sprouts recipe is one I enjoy at Xmas time only.

4 cups of smallish Brussel sprouts
    1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
    salt
    pepper
    nutmeg

Put sprouts in a well buttered glass 9x9 dish.
    Mix cream/cheese/salt/pepper together and pour over top.
    Sprinkle nutmeg on top.

Cover with foil and bake 300 degrees for one hour. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
    Makes 8 servings (4 in my family, lol)

So delicious, and so fattening.
  • smokes62
    smokes62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think Im one of the 3 people on earth that actually like brussel sprouts. I have to cook them before my wife gets home though, she hates the smell. :)
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Quarter them, dice up an apple, rub a Tbsp of olive oil on them,cover in 1/4c of brown sugar and bake at 350 for about 20min.