Need friends! Need to focus!

Options
Hi all! I have been on MFP very sporadically since 2011, a few months after I had my twins. I really need to push myself now. This weight is unbearable! Anyone looking for a buddy, let me know <3 I have about 80 lbs to lose. :(

Noelle

Replies

• wellnessjunkie
    Options
    Hi Noelle.
    I sent you a request! You CAN do it! One day at a time.

Xo.
  • allisonlayne10
    Options
    Sent request! :)
  • nmholloway20
    nmholloway20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! xxx
  • curvytattooedprincess
    Options
    Do it for the " holy **** you got hot"

We can all do this!!!!!!!
    Anyone feel free to add me
  • prima073
    prima073 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on here every day and have an open diary. Good luck with your journey :-)
  • hope0040
    Options
    I'm pretty new here, would love some friends to share motivation with! Feel free to add me! :)
  • shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Let do this together! We can figure this craziness out :)
  • trillium26
    Options
    Friend request sent. We can do this!
  • misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new friends! Feel free to add me! :)
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like!
  • KornishPiskie
    KornishPiskie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Would love to be your friend! How do I send a request?
  • misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new friends! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Leighannstevens
    Options
    Hello
    I signed up to my fitness pal a while ago and stopped using it. I piled on the weight and now have started exercising and eating healthy again, buttttt the weight just isnt going and im getting disheartened with trying... anyone else having this problem or can tell me what i am doing wrong :-(
  • Dahliax3
    Options
    HEY GIRL, at the end of the day we are in this together motivation is all we need we good company ! heyyy
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been on MFP very sporadically since 2011, a few months after I had my twins. I really need to push myself now. This weight is unbearable! Anyone looking for a buddy, let me know <3 I have about 80 lbs to lose. :(

Noelle

Noelle:

All you have to do is lose 1 pound. 80 times. Thats it.

Hi

That kick to get it done comes from inside....

The fact you are reaching out and being honest about your struggle is a sign of grwoth and progress. Take comfort in that.
    The difference between MFP and everything else? If you adopt the mindset that its a lifestyle change & not a diet, the rest will fall into place.

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. Try and focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

3 months ago, I weighed 312 pounds. I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. We can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and sontinue to be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

Knowing that plus the support I get from my MFP buds make enough difference that Ive lost 37 in 114 days without doing anything stupid. You just find what works and then hammer the crap out of it, staying in the present while doing so.

If you will stay committed to this, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

3 months ago, walking was a chore.

Last weekend, I walked 6 miles. And loved it

You got this.. and we got you.

FR headed your way

Fsunami
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options
    Do it for the " holy **** you got hot"

We can all do this!!!!!!!
    Anyone feel free to add me

LOL, I love that!!
  • Vic8893
    Vic8893 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great to have you actively back on MFP!!

Feel free to add me!
    Victoria
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always looking for new friends.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Good luck on your journey to a healthier you :smile:
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I always welcome new friends!! We can do this. Feel free to add me