chocolate craving..

Options
so...I'm at work, with the WORST chocolate craving...any suggestions?

Replies

• Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    if it fits in your cals for the day have it, if not, firstly try drinking water to see if you really want it, or grab some fruit
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate! It doesn't have to be a huge bar...I have a bag of Ghirardelli squares that are 60-70 calories apiece, and two is enough to satisfy me when I need it.
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Try Quest Protein bar. This will help your cravings and have pretty good macros.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate, log it, get on with the day.
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Eat a chocolate bar. :) Then try to find a substitute you can keep around every other day. I have a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips at home - you can have ~33 of them for 70 calories. I combine those with raspberries or blueberries and have a really sinfully delicious snack for under 100 calories!
  • kenthenatural
    kenthenatural Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat a chocolate Quest bar or Power Crunch bar it well help with the craving and you will also get the proper nutrition.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Find a Kind bar - the cherry dark chocolate one with antioxidants. Soooo delicious!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    eat the chocolate!! thats what I would do anyways!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Have some! A couple Hershey kisses or half of a chocolate bar (stash the other half for next time) or whatever fits in! If you get hit with guilt later (which you shouldn't lol) then take a walk after work to even it out.

I love me some chocolate. :D
  • ckruppa
    ckruppa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I have chocolate cravings I turn to nutella. I usually eat it with an apple or a rice cake (it's actually really delicious!). It's sweet enough to satisfy that chocolate craving but you also get a little protein.
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    fun tip for sweet cravings in general, keep either vanilla extract(pure no imitation) or a vanilla scented candle. you're brain gets the sweet kick after smelling the vanilla. if that doesn't have the desired effect, try keeping dove, or bliss squares. They run about 44 calories per piece and usually one or two frozen satisfies any chocolate craving
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow candy bars are really good. The caramel filled chocolates are very satisfying. I also buy the choclate and choclate peanut butter crisps ( kind of like a a Kit Kat bar). Buy them by the box and they are cheaper
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I sometimes keep a fiber one bar or a protein bar that has chocolate in it handy. They only range around 120 cals.

I also have done what others are suggesting with just eating like a dove or bliss chocolate piece, or hershey's kisses.

Something small satisfies my cravings and I can go on with my day..

I like the candle idea, I may have to try that sometime though...
  • SassyMoonbeams
    SassyMoonbeams Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I make sure to have chocolate every,single.day. If I didn't have any, I'd turn into a raging cranky beast!! If your body is craving it, losten to your body and induge responsibly. I would go for solid chocolate though, not cookies or anything like that, and try a 72% dark chocolate. I used to dislike dark chocolate but man oh MAN now I pop a square of that and slowly suck on it......it's so pleasurable tasting the bitterness with the sweet, like a little chocolate journey on your tongue! Wen you just suck and let it melt and enjoy it you're really tasting it instead of gobbling it down and feeling like you want more afterwards :-). Also hot chocolates are good alternatives too! The warm liquid as a bonus helps to fill up your tummy while simultaneously giving you a chocolate hit :-)
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Eat a chocolate bar. :) Then try to find a substitute you can keep around every other day. I have a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips at home - you can have ~33 of them for 70 calories. I combine those with raspberries or blueberries and have a really sinfully delicious snack for under 100 calories!

What kind of chocolate chips do YOU have? The ones I buy are 70 cal for 1 Tbsp, which is like ten chocolate chips maybe...?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat like 200 calories of dark chocolate a day. I say find a way to fit it in your day. I made sure to do this because I'm never giving chocolate up, unless for medical reasons, or maybe lent (which is temporary).

I look at it like this, when I hit maintenance am I going to want to eat this food? If it's yes, I figure out how to fit it in now, if I'm not, I don't worry about it.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mmmm chocolate. Fit it in your calories and enjoy!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

What kind of chocolate chips do YOU have? The ones I buy are 70 cal for 1 Tbsp, which is like ten chocolate chips maybe...?

:laugh: i was thinking the same thing
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I am going to try this.