Sweets don't taste right?

Options
Just wondering if people were having the same as me. I haven't had sweets in about 2 weeks and I was just wondering if anyone here has tried a sweet recently and it didn't taste good to you?

Replies

• quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    To me, sweets always taste great, but if I'm not eating much extra sugar then I find natural sweets, like fruit, are so much sweeter, and I don't crave the fake stuff so much.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Now that I eat less sweets, I've found when I do splurge, they go through me a LOT faster. TMI, I know.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Now that I eat less sweets, I've found when I do splurge, they go through me a LOT faster. TMI, I know.

Me it's fatty food that does that!!!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of stuff, when you haven't had it for a while, tastes very different to the way it used to taste and you often find you can't have as much of it as you used to be able to.

For me this is certainly true for fatty foods. Now my body rebells against fatty food to a point where I actually feel really quite poorly. I used to love the skin of a roast chicken and now it makes me feel ill.

I used to have coffee with sugar. My colleague accidentally put some sugar in my coffee a few weeks ago, and -not having had it sweet for ages- I nearly spat it across the room... :sick:
  • dandynick
    Options
    I had a mozza burger and med fries from a&w last week and noticed it during the night. Maybe not going right through me, but my body was definitely telling me it wasn't used to it!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It is definitely true the less you eat them the less you have the cravings for them.

I actually had a Thin Mint girl scout cookie for the first time in at least a year, and it didn't taste as great as I remember!! I certainly had no craving to reach for another.
  • dandynick
    Options
    It is definitely true the less you eat them the less you have the cravings for them.

I actually had a Thin Mint girl scout cookie for the first time in at least a year, and it didn't taste as great as I remember!! I certainly had no craving to reach for another.

I wonder if anyone feels a little sadness or regret when they realize that something that used to bring them so much pleasure doesn't anymore?
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I used to adore fast food soft serve ice cream. When I decided to "treat" myself after months of the new lifestyle, I couldn't eat it. It's the same with fatty food.

I don't really regret it, no: I know I'm feeding my body much better fuel and feeling a bajillion times better for it.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I never eliminated sweet things from my eating, I just made wiser choices about what sweets I chose to eat. And when I do decide to indulge in something more I make it worth my while. I'm not just gonna have a grocery store donut, I'm gonna go to my favorite donut shop. Or I'll have a decandently rich piece of cake from a nice restaurant rather than just a Betty Crocker cake. A piece of home made, old east coast Italian family recipe ricotta cheesecake at my in-laws, a specialty chocolate fondue for dessert on my wedding anniversary. And everything tastes even better and more amazing than it did before I started counting on MFP because it truly stands out in the midst of anything else I could possibly eat on other days.
  • dandynick
    Options
    So Saturday night I decided to treat myself to some popcorn and a can of pc cola. Popcorn in a microwave bowl with butter and I didn't finish it. Got halfway through the pop and gave up. I thought maybe the recipe was changed, but my wife assures me that it tastes the same. Guess my tastes have changed.