Healthy Food Freinds wanted

I'm looking for new friends that are into healthy foods, whether you already are or want to be. I want to interact with like minded people. I believe that there is something horribly wrong with the modern American diet and that the food manufacturers are causing a health epidemic in this country with all of the unnecessary chemical additives, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavorings, ect.

I believe that we are all responsible for what we eat and the consequences whether good or bad. But I also feel that we have been deceived by the FDA and food manufacturers into believing that all of the foods sold in grocery stores are safe to eat, which they are not.

I don't want to debate with people who want to defend unhealthy eating habits, such as "you can eat anything and lose weight" or everything is fine in moderation". I agree that "some foods" are fine in moderation, and others like sweets and treats are exactly that; "TREATS" and should be enjoyed only on special occasions or holidays, not every day.

Vegetarians and vegans are welcome if you can interact with people who eat animal protein foods without being preachy, or trying to convince others that animal protein and fat is unhealthy.

I have turned my health around and am no longer on any prescription meds by adhering to this philosophy, along with sensible exercise. If you have similar beliefs I would like to become friends.

I'm really a nice guy and not pushy, but I am so tired of MFP trolls, who are always looking for an argument, especially when it come to healthy eating.

If you don't feel somewhat similar to what I just posted, PLEASE DON'T RESPOND, and go harass someone else!

Replies

• Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Chef.. we are already friends, but I like your idea about "treats". I am consciously trying to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables as a larger and larger part of my diet! Well written!
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    I'm down for hanging with you. I went from weekly pizza/burgers/pop/takeout/etc etc etc, started cutting out junk slowly over time. Now it's fresh fruits and veggies, meat, various healthy snacks, some milk, a little coffee, and some sports nutrition supplements. I went from 240 to 176 with a good diet and solid exercise plan, and now am (amazingly) working on GAINING weight.
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Chef.. we are already friends, but I like your idea about "treats". I am consciously trying to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables as a larger and larger part of my diet! Well written!
    Chevy you're like having two friends now, wish I had 10 more like you!
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    @Roughgalaxy- sounds like we have a lot in common, Keep up the good work!
  • I absolutely agree with your philosophy on how our foods have changed over the years. I do believe they have contributed to most weight issues. Eating the right foods plus getting enough exercise are the key!

With that being said I have a long way to go! I have started the exercising part, now I need some help in the food department.

I would enjoy having a friend that could help me in that department.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    Hey, there, Chef. I'm a foodie/amateur cook who loves to learn more about foods.

I'm also a bit of a bore about the need to keep up on nutritional research and am a devotee of the Healthy Eating Plate and Healthy Eating Pyramid at Harvard's NutritionSource. These were developed in reaction to the governmental plate and pyramid graphics to try to apply science without undue corporate/industrial influence.

I'm sending you are friend request with the above sentences in it so you'll know it's me. I would be honored to be friends.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    mmm, chemical additives
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    I'm your "Freind"..... Great job Urso... keep it up!!!! P.S. I am brussel spouted, eggplanted and cauliflowered out today !!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member

He's MY friend #86.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    I added you - I try to eat mostly veggies and lean protein and keep the processed stuff / white carbs to a minimum. Dang red wine is my weakness ;)
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member

This^^^^ and i am glad we are friends already as well
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    totally agree with your comment, I have slowly turned my diet from procesed junk takeaways to healthy foods and boy it was hard!! the so called unhealthy foods can be so addictive.. will send you over a friend request :)