Nerdy Friends

Options

Replies

• siriuslyyellow
    siriuslyyellow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a huge nerd! I'd love to talk to other geeky people on this site, too! 8D
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    In for IT help.
  • siriuslyyellow
    siriuslyyellow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I've sent friends requests to everyone on here! If I missed you and you want to add me, just send me a short message that you found me on the nerdy topic with your friend request! :)

Because I didn't list them earlier, here are my main geeky lifestyle choices... For genres, I love sci-fi, fantasy, some horror (but not as much as I used to), apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic, dystopian, paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and drama. For types of media/fandoms, I love TV shows, movies, books, comic books, video games, cartoons, anime, manga, board games, card games, tabletop RPGs, LARPing, and more.

My favorite series right now are In The Flesh, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Marvel comics, DC comics, Supernatural, Orange is the New Black, Orphan Black, and The Fosters. But there's an insane amount more, too. Lol. XD

Oh, and I love co-op strategy games in any form. And some of my favorite video games are Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI and VII, Arkham Asylum and City, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Infamous 1 and 2, Fallout 3, and SSX.

And I'm usually behind on things (I haven't seen the new Who episode, I haven't played ME3 or Seocnd Son, etc.), and I can't stand being spoiled, so no spoilers, please! thanks! ^__^*
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm so glad I found this spot! Nerd Mom reporting for duty!. I lost 65 pounds my first time around on MFP but when I got pregnant it wonked up my thyroid so here we go again :)
  • SmoothiesVSCupcakes
    Options
    Depends what your looking for, I'm a LOTR fanatic. Not much to anime, but slowly getting addicted. as well as have a slight cosplay addiction.
  • Gracye
    Gracye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow Nerd :P I love anime, gaming (used to play WoW), and big time into fantasy/paranormal reading.

Supernatural is my big TV Show addiction, I mostly watch drama shows though. I'm catching up on Naruto S right now and I mostly play my Wii for gaming right now. Until I buy Sims4 that is :)
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I forgot to even say my nerdiest aspect I used to perform stage magic/escapes. And I make historical clothing.
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    the term "nerd" has lost its meaning :(
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    No, it hasn't. I really hope that this doesn't turn into some kind of elitism thing.
  • RegularOats
    Options
    I love my ps4 and PC.
    Anyone a WoW player or BF4? Please feel free to add me
  • LeenaJean
    Options
    No, it hasn't. I really hope that this doesn't turn into some kind of elitism thing.

My thoughts exactly.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

2nd that

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-nerd-geek-or-dork-test
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    We really should start up a new group for nerds/geeks who are working out/eating better.

There are a few that I saw, but nothing that was "right".
  • majigurl
    Options
    the term "nerd" has lost its meaning :(

Does it really matter though? It's a word. If that person likes calling themselves a nerd. Go vittles.

Nerd: Someone who is book smart and enjoys all that related to learning.

Geek: Enjoys all that is geekhood. From gaming to anime to fandom and beyond.

Often these two words can describe one individual accurately. Maybe Neek? Hmm. Regardless, they are now more interchangeable than ever and have started to share their meanings.

Does that really matter though? To a "Nerd", perhaps more because they might want to cling to meanings and definition more than a "geek" would. But in the end, isn't it better to just love on it all ;)
  • majigurl
    Options
    Moreover, feel free to add me :) Always great to have other geek/nerd friends supporting!
  • thevaporz
    Options
    Im a nerd in the ways or horror/sci-fi films, movies in general, comics and video games. Feel free to add me up!
  • rambunction
    rambunction Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a nerd. I feel it's too much of a popular culture thing now, in honesty.

But here's what I am:

I watch a lot of anime. For the most part, anything with a good plot will catch me, but obviously that changes from person to person (what they would consider 'good'). This season, I'm watching Zankyou no Terror, Love Stage, Glasslip, Ao Haru Ride, Aldnoah Zero, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. I'm also watching a few others, but I'm not really into them :/

When I run out of anime to watch, I read manga. Mostly romance (preferable psychological romances, but I'll bite at fluffy romcoms too). I am a chick, I guess.

When a good rpg video game comes out, I'll obsess about it for a bit (Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fable, Zelda). I guess you could say the same with books, but I actually become more of a bookworm if I'm off my anti-depressants. As that hasn't happened in a couple of years, my 'avid reader' label isn't very congruent with reality.

I play D&D (Pathfinder) every Sunday.

Lastly, I have severe social anxiety. I don't cope well in group settings, I can't handle strangers. I'm extremely reclusive, so much so that I have to end most D&D sessions early because my anxiety and lethargy begin to build within a couple of hours in company.

If you'd like, add me.
  • crpeterson84
    crpeterson84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Book nerd, video game nerd- Just kind of a dork in general! :-D Feel free to add me. Always fun to meet new people on here.
  • LeenaJean
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a nerd. I feel it's too much of a popular culture thing now, in honesty.

But here's what I am:

I watch a lot of anime. For the most part, anything with a good plot will catch me, but obviously that changes from person to person (what they would consider 'good'). This season, I'm watching Zankyou no Terror, Love Stage, Glasslip, Ao Haru Ride, Aldnoah Zero, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. I'm also watching a few others, but I'm not really into them :/

When I run out of anime to watch, I read manga. Mostly romance (preferable psychological romances, but I'll bite at fluffy romcoms too). I am a chick, I guess.

When a good rpg video game comes out, I'll obsess about it for a bit (Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fable, Zelda). I guess you could say the same with books, but I actually become more of a bookworm if I'm off my anti-depressants. As that hasn't happened in a couple of years, my 'avid reader' label isn't very congruent with reality.

I play D&D (Pathfinder) every Sunday.

Lastly, I have severe social anxiety. I don't cope well in group settings, I can't handle strangers. I'm extremely reclusive, so much so that I have to end most D&D sessions early because my anxiety and lethargy begin to build within a couple of hours in company.

If you'd like, add me.

Haha you are totally a nerd ;)
  • drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd, which is part of the reason why I'm on MFP. I spent 14+ hours a day on a computer between work and getting my nerd on. I still spend 14 hours a day on the computer but now I eat cleaner and lift stuff!