MapMyRide and MapMyWalk

Options
can you sync these apps with mfp? i use both apps and wondered if i can upload my records onto this site, i know i can add it manually, but can i just sync them?

any help or advice?

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    have a check on the apps tab. There is a list there with easy connecting links
  • CoulsdonEagle
    Options
    Thanks, i have looked on that tab, but there's not many apps on there
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think those are all they currently sync with. There may be future plans for others but I suppose you'd just have to keep checking or use one of the apps that already syncs
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I use Endomondo and love it and it sync's right up to MFP
  • CoulsdonEagle
    Options
    i use MapMyRide on my phone, i've got a phone holder on the bike, the app uses GPS to track my route, similar to a SatNav, and gives a detailed route map, and exercise breakdown that uploads online and can be shared, it'd be quite useful to sync it with this site
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Curious. Is this the kind of thing where you can enter your walks and make a virtual map like to a pretend destination?

I've been wanting to try something like that.
  • CoulsdonEagle
    Options
    not as such, it's a GPS based app that tracks your route, you actually have a map on the screen the same as a SatNav, so you can keep an eye on your location too, (you can use it as a satnav too)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I use MapMyHike to GPS track my hikes, the routes, the average speed, and the total distance, but I would NOT want it to sync with MFP. It gives you inflated figures for your calorie burns. I wear a Polar HRM, so I know what I actually burn.

2/16 hiked 4.22 miles for 765 calorie burn. MMH had 822.
    2/10 hiked 9.11 miles for 1966 calorie burn. MMH had 2066.
    2/3 hiked 4.23 miles for 756 calorie burn. MMH had 1019.

Total over estimate was 420 calories by MMH. I'd be trying to figure out how to correct that if it synced and put in the wrong data.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You might consider switching to Endomondo. In my experience, Endomondo maps a lot more accurately - and it easily syncs with MFP (though it does inflate the calories burned).
  • baymfp
    baymfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Map My Ride and My Fitness Pal have not been syncing since the latest update from Map My Ride. I tried to use the Map My Fitness app instead, no luck there either. Any suggestions?
  • ellenandshane
    ellenandshane Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MapMyWalk-MapMyRide-MapMyFitness stopped syncing after the app updated at the end of August. It worked perfectly before the update. I emailed the developer, but have not received a response yet. Waiting for an update to fix it!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Map My Ride and My Fitness Pal have not been syncing since the latest update from Map My Ride. I tried to use the Map My Fitness app instead, no luck there either. Any suggestions?

I use mapmyrun and it syncs perfectly. I didn't have any issues with the transition to the new app.
  • ellenandshane
    ellenandshane Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will have to check after my bike ride tonight to see if it is syncing again..I have not ridden since Sunday, maybe it if fixed by now. (fingers crossed)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I used mapmywalk yesterday and it synced fine
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I use MapMyHike to GPS track my hikes, the routes, the average speed, and the total distance, but I would NOT want it to sync with MFP. It gives you inflated figures for your calorie burns. I wear a Polar HRM, so I know what I actually burn.

Total over estimate was 420 calories by MMH. I'd be trying to figure out how to correct that if it synced and put in the wrong data.

mines the complete opposite, MapMyWalk just registered 660calories for a 2hr 45min 10.2km my HRM registered 1639 cals and it doesnt sync with MFP,. it syncs with facebook and Fitbit but on MFP just fitbit lists calories earned
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options

mines the complete opposite, MapMyWalk just registered 660calories for a 2hr 45min 10.2km my HRM registered 1639 cals and it doesnt sync with MFP,. it syncs with facebook and Fitbit but on MFP just fitbit lists calories earned

Once it syncs and enters the duration and calories, you can go in and edit them however you want. So it's an easy way to get your exercise recorded on mfp. It's pretty easy to change to calories to match a hrm.

Map my ride quit syncing for me for about a week, but they fixed the bug and it's been working now for the past few days.