Balsamic Cream Chicken (313 calories)

WadeLam
WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
Make this today. I’m sorry to be bossy, but this is important!

I whipped up the following adapted Peace, Love & Low Carb recipe this weekend and loved it. I had a chicken in the fridge, some mushrooms, and the sheer will to eat a gigantic plate of comfort food. And the best part is that it’s simple…not a ton of ingredients…just creamy, balsamic greatness.

I repeat - make this today.

Sorry to be bossy…again…

Balsamic Cream Chicken (313 calories)

maa32h.jpg

Ingredients:
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 tbsp. light butter, divided
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup fat-free half and half
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
8 oz. halved baby Bella mushrooms
½ cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add 2 tbsp. light butter, onions, salt and pepper. Cook about 20 minutes, until onions are nice and caramelized. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a separate pan, over medium-high heat, pan-sear the chicken breasts in remaining 3 tbsp. of light butter. Brown on both sides; remove from pan and set aside (chicken will not be fully cooking during this stage). De-glaze the pan with chicken broth. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the pan and mix in any remaining bits of chicken. Let simmer 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add fat-free half and half, balsamic vinegar, mushrooms and a little salt and pepper. Let simmer 10 minutes. Add chicken breasts back to the sauce pan, and simmer until the chicken is cooked all the way through (about 10 minutes). Remove chicken breasts from the pan and plate. Add the Parmesan cheese and caramelized onions to the sauce and stir until the cheese is melted into the sauce. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.

Nutrition Information (calculated using MFP’s Recipe Builder):
Servings: 4
Calories: 313
Protein: 35 g
Carbs: 12 g
Fat: 14 g

Replies