Losing weight not inches

Options
I am not having an issue losing weight, my issues is I am more interested in losing inches.

So far I have lost 51 LBS. i go to the gym everyday, plus I work outside every day in the heat for up to 10 hours a day.

Anyone have any idea on losing the inches?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The inches will go as the weight drops off. Lifting weights will help, too. :)
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your loss - that is awesome!

How are you measuring? How are your clothes fitting? What is your starting weight and height? Unless you had a 51 lb tumor extracted, I fail to see how this is possible.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Try adding more weight training to your exercise plan. Many people have great results with lifting heavy.

Otherwise just be patient, keep up the calorie deficit, and they'll come off eventually.

:)
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Body shape is mostly related to composition, muscle/fat ratio and body fat % - keep doing what you're doing, you will see results.

50+lbs! congrats that's a massive loss!

Can't really tell much without more info, but if you are very large it may take you longer to see good inch loss - it certainly did with me, not noticing sizable results until around 60lbs lost. A healthy lifestyle will eventually be reflected by the body, the secret is consistency and patience.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You are definitely losing inches somewhere, but it might not be in one of the places you track. Even then I think it's unlikely that you've lost 51lbs with no change in your waist measurement. Unless you mean you now want to maintain your weight and lose inches, in which case definitely start weight training.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I read a post on here recently about a woman who was losing weight and couldn't work out where it was from because her clothes weren't getting any looser - and then she worked out she was losing it from her back.

It's not possible to lose weight from particular areas, so you've just gotta keep losing weight and eventually your clothes will feel too big, I guess? And checking places you might not think you're losing fat from, areas that you don't normally measure?
  • polmsted0366
    polmsted0366 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    left weights and you will lose inches
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You're probably losing inches on areas that you are not measuring (fingers, neck, legs, etc)

I have the same issue - I have lost about 17 pounds but my waist size is the same. However, my legs and arms and face are looking skinnier.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Great Job! 50 lbs is great. How many points are you measuring. If you are only focused on one or two locations, you may not see it cause your body loses and gains fat whereever it wants to. I also get Body Comps done in addition to measurements so I can see how things are changing. Keep going, you WILL eventually lose inches where you are measuring.
  • scribdawg1973
    Options
    Once a month I do an official weigh in and tape. neck has remained a 17.5, waist has remained at 47, chest 46, and hips 43.

My legs have always been pretty tone, and they are not showing a lot of difference, same as my arms.
  • psu_nala
    psu_nala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hope you are seeing some results know. I am in the same boat. I am loosing lbs but not seeing the inches at all. I started at 240 last may, I am down 22lbs and all my measurements are mainly the same maybe a half inch here and there but nothing to noticeable. I measure neck, arm, chest, under chest (ab), waist, hips, thigh, calf, wrist. I understand it is frustrating. I am just hoping the inches shrink soon. That way you feel all your hard work is showing externally.