Frustrations

Options
What are you're biggest frustrations when it comes to eating healthy and losing weight? Let's support each other in dealing with these in healthy and productive ways. My #1 frustration is making the time to workout. I always use the excuse of not having time but I know I can MAKE the time.

Replies

• bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Exercise is actually the only part I enjoy about weight loss lol. I've always been active so it comes naturally to me to be that way. I'd say the worst is the weekends (including Friday night) when everyone else is pigging out in front of me and I can't do the same. It doesn't help when people comment on it either. That is the biggest frustration for me by far.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I used to allow body weight fluctuations frustrate me over my weight loss. It no longer bothers me because I know the results of my efforts will show eventually.
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options
    Exercise is actually the only part I enjoy about weight loss lol. I've always been active so it comes naturally to me to be that way. I'd say the worst is the weekends (including Friday night) when everyone else is pigging out in front of me and I can't do the same. It doesn't help when people comment on it either. That is the biggest frustration for me by far.

YES! I totally relate with this! You just have to focus on your goals. I also think sometimes we do deserve a little treat :) Deprivation has the opposite affect many times. I have also found that surrounding myself with lime-minded people, with similar goals is REALLY helpful.

Good luck.

Xo.
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The weight fell off of me in the first three weeks, now it's much slower going. That's frustrating.
  • nomorefatjuu
    nomorefatjuu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Really intense working out and eating right and losing around 1lb for week
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Frustrating when you realize the toughest obstacle between you and your goal is the person in the mirror. :grumble:
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration is that I don't eat whatever I want, in whatever portions, without thinking about it anymore. Of course, this biggest frustration is called changing my diet.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Not being able to eat whole pizzas. I love whole pizzas.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It just comes off so slowly and the more you lose, the harder it gets!

Not loving the loose skin. :(

I wish things like Oreo pie and donuts were healthy. Why must veggies taste like...well, carrots?

All the new clothes. OMG, it is so frustrating to always and forever have to be buying new clothes! On the plus side, I've found that Kmart and WalMart have some really cute tops. :)
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Frustrating when you realize the toughest obstacle between you and your goal is the person in the mirror. :grumble:

Well put
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would say the biggest frustration for me is sticking with my exercise plan. I'll be on a roll with working out consistently, and then I suddenly get lazy.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The plateaus seriously frustrate me, but I always move past them eventually. Having to buy new clothes is great but also frustrating on my small budget.
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options

Amen!!! That is the truth. Time to get out of our own way!! Self sabotage is the most painful kind of failure. Keep on keeping on!

Xo