Non Scale Victory - Mt Bike Crash!

Options
Now that I have lost over 200 pounds and kept the weight off for more than a year, I am much more active.

Today, I went mountain biking and had a pretty good crash going down a single track and just got a few scratches and bruises. They are now badges of honor. When I was over 400 pounds, there is no way I could even get up the trail. I probably would have broken the bike just getting on it. I feel like I am living my life now that I'm 40 and at a healthy weight.

Last week, I also rented a personal water craft Sea Doo for an hour that was super fun.

Replies

• cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!! Lol!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Mountain biking is awesome.

But you should probably try NOT to crash... :wink:
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Brilliant stuff nothing like a few knocks to make you feel alive :drinker:
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great job for getting on the bike. you are doing a excellent job! WTG!
  • sinker59
    Options
    Good work! Mtn bike crashes you walk away from are awesome!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Gawd, I hate those narrow tracks and tight turns. Sure is fun, though.
    Congrats!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Any crash that you can laugh about later is a good one!

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    look at you "livin life" you go Sir, great job well done...hmm bike crashes, be careful!:tongue:
  • Brooklyn703
    Brooklyn703 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:). I felt the same way when I got runner's knee.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    We'll take our victories and as we can get them!

I look forward to being on a bike, after losing 70 pounds more.
    I'll be content with the paths in a park, at first.

I hope your OWies heal quickly! I suggest breaking a capsule
    of Vitamin E onto each scrape, to improve the healing process
    and to reduce the scarring.

Best Wishes!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSV's I have ever read on here. Congrats to you. That is so awesome
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV!!! I know the feeling - I was thrilled the first time I flipped over my MTB handles face first into a giant mud puddle! Took pictures, posted them here, the whole nine yards. Congrats to you and welcome to the world of cycling!!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's a win! I started mountain biking in 1985, and trust me, I've had more than my fair share of crashes. To a large degree, it just goes with the territory. But it's so fun it's worth the risks. One cautionary word though: as I am now 62, I have recently learned that all the cumulative crashes over the years have taken a toll, especially on my shoulders. I'm a little more conservative now in my riding style, and I sold my hardtail with race geometry, replacing it with a full sus rig with more stable trail geometry. I'm still having a blast! Well, I'm also staring at a three week old bruise I got going off a too steep drop. No bike can overcome with that!
  • RaceMTB
    Options
    Right on!! Love seeing these posts versus the average stuff you see here. I crash all the time on the silliest things because I get a wild hair up my butt and want to hit that double or go as fast as I can. In the few short years I've been mountain biking, I can say the risk is totally worth the reward. Confidence and handling improve with every ride! Just getting out there and having fun is what it's all about. Trails are more forgiving than pavement. :)
  • odywithaj
    odywithaj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOVE the post - I fell off my MTN bike on a first date..

I crashed into my date because I was staring at his butt:blushing:

needless to say , there was no second date :sad:
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Way to go.! Nice post. .:drinker:
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great story! What an amazing journey you've had!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!