Struggling and I really want to do well at this challenge

Options
I am starting a challenge at my gym and I really want to do well... But lately I cannot find the motivation to eat well and stay under my calorie limit. I have problems with craving junk food and things like bread.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Replies

• uncle_freizo
    uncle_freizo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a helpful first step would be getting to grips with the cravings. Sometimes taking the time to wrap your head around it is all that it takes. Plenty has been written on mindset and willpower.

Secondly, I always encourage people to journal about things like what gives them stress and the goals they want to achieve. If you only think about goals, they're just wishes and dreams. But if you have the conviction and courage to verbalize these things, they become more real.

I would also encourage you to reflect on difficult times in your past that you have overcome. What steps did you take? What worked? What didn't?

Good luck!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a helpful first step would be getting to grips with the cravings. Sometimes taking the time to wrap your head around it is all that it takes. Plenty has been written on mindset and willpower.

Secondly, I always encourage people to journal about things like what gives them stress and the goals they want to achieve. If you only think about goals, they're just wishes and dreams. But if you have the conviction and courage to verbalize these things, they become more real.

I would also encourage you to reflect on difficult times in your past that you have overcome. What steps did you take? What worked? What didn't?
    Thank you! I do believe journalling will help
    Good luck!