1st Post

Options
Hi I'm Helen,

I've been using MFP for a little while but have been using it religiously for the last month. I have a long way to go to being a healthy weight and I think I have already bored my family to tears talking about calories and the changes in my diet.

My family aren't particularly healthy either, but I think all my talk about MFP is starting to make them feel guilty about their own eating habits which isn't very fair on them.

I'm about to turn 30 and want to make the trip to New York within the next year and don't want to spend the whole time I'm there struggling with getting around.

I am looking for a couple of friends to add to my newsfeed who perhaps also have a long term goal so we can congratulate each other along the way and swap the odd tip!

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'll support you and swap tips.
  • TAVIO1987
    Options
    i am in the same boat. would love to have you in my cheering section and me in yours!
  • AnnieS1970
    Options
    Hi Helen. Please feel free to add me.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You can add Me as well
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    welcome
  • chngnow14
    Options
    I'm just starting also. Turned fifty this summer and need to lose over a 100 pounds. Would love to have someone to share the journey with.
  • jdmcc045
    jdmcc045 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok I see on mfp it says my carbs I need each day are like 195...crazy I want more calories on fiber and protein veggies....can I change my carb count if so how ..im on phone so not sure if need to be on house computer to do it...way to many carbs..any help appreciated
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options
    Awesome Helen!! You can do this. I am also turning 30 in a few months and am planning a trip to NYC for my 30th!! Would love to support you!
  • jdmcc045
    jdmcc045 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ALSO IM NEW TO THIS ALSO HAVE DONE IT OFF & ON FOR YEARS BUT NEVER CONSISTENT....WOULD LOVE A SUPPORT GROUP...I NEED TO LOOSE 45
  • KeylaKaye
    Options
    Hi - I am in the same boat as you. I just joined two days ago - have a very, very long way to go. It will be nice to have people to talk to in the same boat
  • miss_vdb
    miss_vdb Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys!! I think this just may be a little easier with all your support! I have added you all and my friend list is looking much healthier!!