Maintaining at 130 pounds - what would I eat?

Options
I'm mostly looking for people who are maintaining at 130 and have open diaries. That being my goal weight, I'd like to see how I'd have to eat to maintain it.

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    That will differ from person to person, depending on activity level and possibly, genetics.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That will differ from person to person, depending on activity level and possibly, genetics.
    I just wanna get a general idea
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I was maintaining at 135, eating around 2300 calories a day. I was unemployed at the time, so my activity level was a bit reduced. I'm losing again now, so I'm eating around 1800-2000 calories a day, so my diary won't be of much use at the moment.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Then I'd suggest maybe looking at a TDEE calculator to see what your maintenance calories might be
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options

Then I'd suggest maybe looking at a TDEE calculator to see what your maintenance calories might be

Agreed - don't ask others what they do, it'll only confuse you because it's going to vary wildly. Get the facts and then eat accordingly.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary closed except to friends, but if you send a friend request, you can have a look. I fluctuate between 130 and 132.5. I don't know how helpful it'll be--my food style might be totally different than yours, I don't log daily in maintenance and I know my maintainance calories are higher than what MFP recommends--but feel free to have a peek.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am 131lbs at the moment, i maintain on about 1900-2000 cals NET
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining at 130! I'm at 1900 a day ( I'm lightly active but nothing major ) 5'5''5
    I eat pretty much whatever I want , but I am sensible, I try to include a lot of vegetables with every savoury meal, and fruit (if I can ) for snacks or with breakfast, This is pretty much just so I know I'll feel satisfied at the end of the day without using up loads of my calories, so I can have a treat like ice cream, chocolate etc :p
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 130 and trying to maintain and I have an open diary :)
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on the forums don't want to hear it but it may be a little bit of trial and error beyond the calculators to see what works and to see how much you need. I use a bodymedia armband and some days I'm inactive, and some days I'm super active, so it depends on the day. I'm not going to be all up in arms b/c I'm short 400 calories one day after being stuffed from a big dinner. I'm back at losing right now, but I was able to maintain at 2000K cals or less.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining at 125 with around 2300 calories. My diary is open; feel free to add me or take a look!
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

Exactly.
    Height and Age plays a big part.
    I'm 5ft 3.5, 130 lbs and 47 yrs old...... so my maintanence calories will be totally different to yours.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with what others have been saying, it depends on many factors for what you need to maintain a weight of 130 lbs. I'm 5' 5", 52, mostly inactive (I do walk/run for an hour sporadically though) and just started in maintenance a month or so ago. I stay within my allotted 1500 calories during the week, but weekends sometimes end up being a little more indulgent because it's Summer. Hubby and I enjoy grilling steaks on our woodfire pit and having a few glasses of wine or G&Ts while we cuddle, talk and gaze at the stars.

Once colder weather hits we won't be doing that anymore, but will probably start going out to dinner weekends. Need to have those date nights! :heart:

My diary is open if you'd like to take a peek, but don't expect to find a well-balanced diet, I'm not very good about eating the vegetables that I should. Need to work on that. I take a daily multi-vitamin to try to help with that until I get with the program and kick my own butt to eat more of them.

So far I've been maintaining between 129-132 lbs., I'm happy! :)
  • missylectro
    Options
    I am maintaining at 125 with around 2300 calories. My diary is open; feel free to add me or take a look!
    That's awesome. What I noticed is you eat often but little at a time, am I right? I need to start doing that.
  • missylectro
    Options
    How tall are you?
    5'4" and almost 27 years old
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. What I noticed is you eat often but little at a time, am I right? I need to start doing that.

Yes! I'm a total grazer. I eat like six small snack/meals a day. It doesn't work for everyone but it's what keeps me happy and energized!
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm at my 130 goal weight and just started maintenance on Tuesday. My maintenance range is 128-132. My diary is open to friends so feel free to send me a friend request :-)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining at 134-137. I shoot for 1400 but usually end up averaging 15 or 1600 when you include my weekend splurges. I am lightly active and get in 1 to 3 30 min weight lifting sessions per week.

During the week I try to stick to mostly fruits, veggies, proteins and carbs. But on the weekends I'll go for a burger or sweets. I still try to avoid fried foods, sodas, and junk food. Makes me feel sluggish.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I maintain at 130. Feel free to add me!