Added weight

Options
I was on a diet where I restricted myself to one meal and only 1,000 calories a day. Less in more out. I realized that was very bad and upped it to 1,200. I refuse to go any higher because I want to lose the weight as quickly as I can obviously. Anyways, I haven't weighed myself yet I will on Sunday. But I think I gained weight? I had lost a little the first day and my tummy was just a teeny but flatter. Then it got a little bigger and now it looks even bigger. I look heavier than I did. And I have a problem with eating a Lot right when I get home. Which is around 4. Two hours from dinner. What should I do to lose as much weight as possible before it weigh myself Sunday and to prevent myself from eating a lot as soon as I get home?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Eat more, smaller meals. Maybe 200 cals a few times a day to equal whatever your calorie goals are. .Some people do well just eating one meal per day, or intermittent fasting, but it sounds as though it isn't your thing.

Smaller, protein packed meals will help you be less apt to binge :)
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Really doesn't sound healthy to me, maybe speak to your doc about all of this. That being said I have a window from about 1-9 where I eat. I use this because it works for me and honestly I'm easier to get along with on this plan. Something to consider.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You are seriously over-thinking this. Give it a few weeks before you start deciding if it's working or not.

Weeks, not hours. :)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    They say slow and steady wins the race. I wanted faster, so I ate my "normal food" (weighed and in proper proportions) - Tracked all my food to the grape (1000 cal deficit) , and did an *kitten* ton of cardio. Seems to be working

Edit- You will notice the posters above give great advice, and look at their tickers.. LOSERS All of them ;)
  • helloreenie
    helloreenie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    setting a time limit isn't the greatest thing. instead of losing as much weight as quickly as possible, slow and steady tends to be the way to keep weight off and in a healthy way. your calorie intake should really be based on your height, weight, and activity level. but it's okay to experiment and figure out what works for you. but remember--lasting results take time. you didn't put all the weight on in one day and it won't come off in one day either.
  • chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a troll post.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    First, the only thing you lost in a day, was water. This is a process, and you want to set yourself up for success. That means coming up with a manageable deficit, where you don't feel hungry. Second, you said you've been watching calories, but you haven't mentioned how long?
  • aussemat
    Options
    Without knowing your height advice is difficult. If you're 5' 2" 1,200 calories could very well be your maintenance calories if you're not very active. Everything is proportional/relative to height, age, & gender. Have a RMR test done then figure out your caloric targets for what you want (weight loss, although fat loss is more important than weight loss). Get a DEXA scan and focus on your fat lbs instead of your overall body weight which at times can be very misleading. Good luck, just keep at it