What's your workout motivation?

Options
So I was going to ask for motivation to wake up at 5 am tomorrow to workout. Then I realized I'm excited for it because I love my DailyHiit Transformer Challenge on YouTube. But then I got to thinking what really motivates us to workout? I like that I don't know what's in store for me tomorrow but it will definitely be different then what I did the day before.

So what motivates you and what's your fave workout?

Replies

• KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    so I can eat more! :laugh:

Also the clarity that comes into my brain which enables the rest of the day function much more smoothly..
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options
    so I can eat more! :laugh:

Also the clarity that comes into my brain which enables the rest of the day function much more smoothly..

Lol yes the food. And clarity. If anyone here is into meditation, doing so after a workout is Amazing!!! Yeah with a capital A.
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My body, past present n future
  • lmaking
    Options
    My dog! I have a three year old Old English Sheepdog and to save my house while I'm at work she gets two hours of walking/running a day; one hour before work and another after. So, because of her I'm up at 5:15 a.m. Monday to Friday. No choice. Ugh. But it feels great afterwards.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    To be fit & fabulous @ 50!!!!
  • bcmom_1980
    Options
    Any time I lose motivation and fall off the wagon, it reaffirms for me why I exercise. I really do feel better and less sluggish if I've worked out.

I have a family history of hip replacement due to arthritis on my dad's side, and since having kids I've noticed dull aches and pains in my left hip. I saw a physiotherapist who gave me a few suggestions and pointed out how my poor stance was affecting my hip mobility.

I was feeling down this weekend and hadn't worked out since Wednesday. By Sunday my hip was throbbing. After being pain-free the past two months, it definitely showed me how much I need exercise if I want to avoid hip replacement in my 50s.
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I sign up for races to keep me motivated! My next one is an olympic distance triathlon. It's my longest feat and I enjoy the races a lot. It amazes me what your body can accomplish with a little hard work. Also what keeps me motivated is how my mood is always better after I exercise and keeping myself healthy as I age. Last but not least, I can eat more!
  • mtlprs
    mtlprs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i train to be able to road bike race all summer. and to be strong for my family
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    for that feeling you get after the workout. I love how it gives me energy for the rest of my day and how it makes me in a great mood. Also so I can eat normal without guilt
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    To stay maintain an athletic body and stay healthy. Also looking good with your shirt off helps as well.
  • crookback
    crookback Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Vanity
    I got out of the shower one day back in May and realised looked like a sack of s###. Since I had to give up running due to a knee injury I'd really let myself go. A new road bike and counting calories quickly took care of the weight. Now I'm working on fixing the broken physique. When May comes around again I'm going to look in that mirror and say " Damn, you look good." Going to feel good too.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    becoming an athlete again

putting more weight on the bar

going faster

having a awesome looking body

ETA fave workout : anything involving deadlifts, clean and jerks, sled pushes, turkish get-ups or sprints.. if i could do them all in the same workout without dying i'd consider that the best workout ever!
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Being able to eat more, seeing REALISTIC body images (sometimes i get discouraged with seeing way too nice pictures of models), MUSIC, and seeing a picture of me of what I want in the future. Everyday I think that I will be a day closer to that day.
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I find having a race or some kind of fitness event on the horizon motivates me on the days when you come home from work and you just can't be bothered. I also log all my cardio on the polar website from my heart rate monitor and get competitive with myself about burning more calories and increasing my average workout time month on month. I'm joining in the 24 hours of exercise in September thread on here too and that makes me work out longer, more often and include 15 minutes of weights and situps because it all adds up at the end of the day (or month, hopefully!)
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Af first one may simply want to change, to make a small transform. Lose 10 lbs say. Once they begin to see changes, they get excited, which makes them explore other paths to getting healthier, stronger, faster. Diet, supplements, training variety...group activities, music selections..as in ones that you can work out to. Before you know it, its a life style. You begin surround yourself with like mind people. Instead of going out drinking on Friday nights, you meet people early on Saturday mornings to go run with. You book vacations that include swimming with sharks, jumping off waterfalls, black water rafting...why...simply because you can. Your body has now exceeded anyone you know and you can lift things or run father than you thought were possible for just about anyone..let alone you.

You have now totally transformed, you have become more than what you ever dreamed possible...and to think its even possible that you'd wake from the dream and become simply "normal" again, scares the S&*T out of you.

Ya..that's what motivates me...:wink:
  • africanmasq
    Options
    To be honest, my biggest motivation is my mood and mental well being. After a run I feel less stressed, I feel powerful, and I feel like I can do anything. I haven't been able to run in quite a while and I really miss it...it's hard and some days I just don't feel like it, but it brings down my stress and gives me more energy. Hopefully I'll be able to start again this month :)
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My children and my physical and mental health.I feel better when I exercise and shopping in the misses section would be nice too!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    To be able to escape the zombies if the apocalypses ever happens.
  • anotherFatGollum
    Options
    Polar Loop. It may sound ridiculous but it has helped me. If I don't workout, the activity meter will not move beyond 30%. It makes me feel real bad if I don't complete my daily goal i.e. 100% activity. I don't wear it on Sundays. On other days, I wear it while I am awake.
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options
    Af first one may simply want to change, to make a small transform. Lose 10 lbs say. Once they begin to see changes, they get excited, which makes them explore other paths to getting healthier, stronger, faster. Diet, supplements, training variety...group activities, music selections..as in ones that you can work out to. Before you know it, its a life style. You begin surround yourself with like mind people. Instead of going out drinking on Friday nights, you meet people early on Saturday mornings to go run with. You book vacations that include swimming with sharks, jumping off waterfalls, black water rafting...why...simply because you can. Your body has now exceeded anyone you know and you can lift things or run father than you thought were possible for just about anyone..let alone you.

You have now totally transformed, you have become more than what you ever dreamed possible...and to think its even possible that you'd wake from the dream and become simply "normal" again, scares the S&*T out of you.

Ya..that's what motivates me...:wink:

beautiful