Second time starting & looking for new friends:

Options
Boy, where do I begin?

Stats:
Male
Weight: Close to 500 lbs

Okay, good start. I jumped on MFP last year, around June. Starting weight, 440 lbs. I was in college then and me and my wife did it together. I followed my calories and exercised 3 times a week. I went down in 2 months to 385. Then the scale went berserk, and then I started my work term and also we were moving into our house.

Things began crashing down as we ate crap food because moving into a house and not having time to cook. Well you can figure the rest out as my job is in a office environment.

I gave up.

I could write a thousand pages of my life that will tell you the same thing. I eat to feel good and I have been fat since going to Jr. High. I was bullied and well, food was the answer.

But let's skip to the present. I have a 3 year old and one day this summer he asked me to swing him on the swing and I was too exhausted and just sat there like a fat blob. I couldn't believe I let myself go. My jeans on jean-friday were getting tighter so I opted for my elastic waistband dress pants all week. Then the elastic in them began to bust. Then the buttons began popping off them. I then attempted to put my jeans on and wow, 4 inches away from the button. The jeans were a size 52W with some stretch to it.

I pretty much reached rock bottom and cried with my wife that this is life or death for me now. Plus that I miss out on my son's swimming lessons because I am embarrassed with myself and cannot partake in other extracurricular opportunities with my family.

Well here I am. I am sticking with my weight loss. 1 Month in and kicking *kitten* with my calorie goals in MFP. My wife is also back into it as well. We have one treat day a week (I go over my calorie 2 lbs goal) which I use to kick my metabolism into gear as my body loves to adjust to my lower calorie intake and lose less weight.

I told my wife that I want to do things next year that I am not able to do for a long time now.
- Swim
- Snowboard
- Ride a mountain bike
- Go on a Zip Line
- SIt in a restaurant booth and not worry if I can fit or not.

So anyways, would love some extra support and if I can, give some support as well.

Replies

• Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    It takes a lot of courage to admit where you are and do something about it. Be proud of that.

You're doing the exact right thing by getting back on that horse. It seems like you already know the answers and already know that there are no shortcuts - eat well, work out, be consistent.

You're more than half way there when it comes to understanding things. I'm sure that if you settle into a groove you'll see progress before you know it.

While you're at it, it might be good to understand why different antecedents throw you off and how you can learn to manage their impacts.

Remember, life will always throw you curveballs. The key is to return to your zone as quickly as possible.

You can do it!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    welcome back to mfp request sent.
  • Berry9100
    Options
    Welcome!! And good luck. Friend request sent! I just started a few weeks ago.
  • SCW250
    SCW250 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and I sent a request
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend!! You can do this, you did it before!
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too. I think the hardest part is realizing you want something different and making the commitment to do it. The people here are great motivators, make sure to use us! :flowerforyou:
  • IndigoDream1103
    Options
    Good luck. You know you can do it! Request sent.
  • kirbact
    kirbact Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. i have stopped and started so many times you wouldn't believe it!! So i understand. MFP is really helping me stick with it. Keep in touch and we can help each other!!
  • brandon_moser
    brandon_moser Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Don't judge yourself on where you are now. Judge yourself on where you've committed to be. Congratulations! I'll send you a friend request.
  • LivyMarie93
    LivyMarie93 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to start fresh. Add me if you like, I would be glad to support you on your goals.
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi my is Lisa,I'm 43 years young.. I,need to lose 30 pounds. I'm always looking for new friends to help motivate. So feel to add me or send a friend request. I,workout at the gym 3-4 times a week. We can do this. Good luck with your goals :smile: :heart:
  • Vic8893
    Vic8893 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Glad that your back at MFP!! It's great that your so motivated to change your life!!

Feel free to add me!