heart rate monitor

Options
just wondering if you use a portable monitor which one you do use and the features you like about it?!

Replies

• conniptionfits
    Options
    just wondering if you use a portable monitor which one you do use and the features you like about it?!
  • Kali13
    Kali13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've recently started using a Polar heart rate monitor, and I'm really glad I made the investment. I know exactly when I'm in "the zone" that's best for fat-burning, and stay there for as long as I need or want to.

What it means is that the time I spend doing cardio is used with maximum efficiency, because I know exactly what my heart rate needs to be and for how long, and how hard I need to work to get there and stay there for the required amount of time.

"The 24 Hour Turnaround" is a really good book that explains all this stuff. The author refers to it as heart-rate specific training, and tells you how to calculate your own personal heart rate at which you need to train for maximum fat-burning efficiency. I downloaded it as an e-book from www.ebooks.com.
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

"The 24 Hour Turnaround" is a really good book that explains all this stuff. The author refers to it as heart-rate specific training, and tells you how to calculate your own personal heart rate at which you need to train for maximum fat-burning efficiency. I downloaded it as an e-book from www.ebooks.com.
    How do you like that book? Is it worth purchasing or nothing really new? What do you suggest?
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use Polar F-11. LOVE it
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F-11 & love it.
  • conniptionfits
    Options
    seems like the polar is pretty popular! thank's i'll look into it and thanks for recomending the book!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have the polar F6 and really like it.
  • Kali13
    Kali13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

How do you like that book? Is it worth purchasing or nothing really new? What do you suggest?

Hi. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you!

It probably depends on the kind of information you're after. I haven't actually read the entire book, but the parts I have read so far seem very interesting and informative. I hadn't heard of training with a heart rate monitor before reading, so that was my main "new thing" I learned from her. She's also reeeeeeally against drinking any alcohol - at all - because according to what she writes, drinking any quantity actually makes it impossible for your body to burn fat for the following 24-48 hours. That includes the innocent single glass of red wine that you might have with dinner (for medicinal purposes, of course! :wink: )

Probably the other unique thing about her book is her angle: her main focus is staying young and slowing or reversing the aging process. Everything she writes (from what I've read so far) seems to be focussed on that particular point.

Hope that helps.