What vitamins to take?

Options
What vitamins do you all take? I am currently not taking any and I know that's not good!

Replies

• katiewcurlz
    Options
    One a day Women's Multivitamin, D3, Folic Acid, and Calcium. It's important to take a multi-vitamin, but make sure you're putting variety into your food as well!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D 1000 IU
    My endocrinologist said taking anything else is a waste of money.

What isn't "good" is not eating plenty of produce daily. Vitamins and minerals are better balanced in real food, not a pill.

Keep in mind that vitamins are produced by pharmaceutical companies who are after your money.
  • ksteele3852
    Options
    I take a Women's One Dasily from Krogers. It has 100% iron, which is something I need.
  • forbessw
    forbessw Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One a day Multivitamin and vitamin C (1000 mg)
  • foxylady8098
    Options
    One a Day woman's and Vitamin D. Sometimes I also add in some extra C.
  • choley222
    Options
    I take a women's multi vitamin, b complex, vitamin d and fish oil. Vitamin D and B together is supposed to help with weight loss, I'm not exactly sure why I just do what my doctor tells me.
  • DoubleO7
    Options
    I’m a BIG believer in Chromium Picolinate( i crave sugars alot and this really helps with those craving).
    Chromium is a mineral that we require in trace amounts. Chromium picolinate reduces sugar and carbohydrate cravings. It also suppresses the appetite, which is how it can help lead to weight loss.
    If you have sugar cravings this will defiantly help you with those craving. I take 500 mcg/per day. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE if you are type 1 diabetics (Juvenile Diabetes”)

I also take Omega 3, Vitamin B6 and B12.. And eat a lot of SPICES to warm up my metabolism.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take 2 vitamin D, 1 calcium/magnesium and 1 vitamin C daily.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I take the CVS or Walmart Generic Women's Daily vitamin. I also take a B supplement because it's supposed to help with migraines. I have to take mine at lunch though, otherwise my stomach gets upset.

Shannon
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    I take a prescription vitamin called Metanx (it has folic acid, B12 and some other essentials in it). I also take 2000 units of Vit. D a day and get B12 shots once a month. (Can you tell I'm B12 deficient?)
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Flintstones with Iron :) I started taking them instead of prenatals when I was pregnant (doctor suggestion). It's the only iron that doesn't mess with me.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Be careful if you are eating clean.
    If you are, you may not have a need to take a multivitamin.

I was taking One A Day and found out that I was overdosing on Iron every day and it was making me throw up every morning.
    When I looked at my diet (big picture) I was at or over all of my daily recommended doses (iron, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A, etc) and had no need to take a multivitamin.

Check your diet first. If you are lacking, find one that has what you need and nothing extra.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    None, you should get just about all of your vitamins from natural foods.
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Thank you all for your input!