Home GYM equipment

Hey all, I'm thinking of buying either a cross trainer or bike as I dont have the time to go to the gym. Any advice on which would be best? I can find where to track the bike exercise but not a cross trainer maybe I'm looking in the wrong place lol. Any and all advice welcome thanks guys :)

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    Use elliptical trainer for cross trainer. We have one, very expensive, great clothes hanger which is its primary use.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Use elliptical trainer for cross trainer. We have one, very expensive, great clothes hanger which is its primary use.

:laugh: :happy: :laugh:
  • I would invest in cross trainer. biking tends to "pump" the leg muscles and build bulky muscular legs. if you are aiming to get slim feminine physique, go for the cross trainer. if you want to learn more about how to train for slim / feminine body, i recommend reading "Visual Impact for Women" by Rusty Moore.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    I love my Concept 2 Rower. :-)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    I would invest in cross trainer. biking tends to "pump" the leg muscles and build bulky muscular legs. if you are aiming to get slim feminine physique, go for the cross trainer. if you want to learn more about how to train for slim / feminine body, i recommend reading "Visual Impact for Women" by Rusty Moore.

Uhhhhh........

So feminine = slim is what you are saying huh?

Don't see where the OP specified being slim and/or feminine as an objective

Plenty of strong/muscular/curvy women around here may beg to differ.

Nice post though :drinker:
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    If I only had ONE piece of equipment at home, I'd get a set of Bowflex SelectTech weights. I have a set and they're worth every penny. I typically go outside for cardio if I can't go to gym.
    Though if I had to decide between a bike and elliptical, I'd go with the elliptical.
  • DjinnMarie
    I would invest in cross trainer. biking tends to "pump" the leg muscles and build bulky muscular legs. if you are aiming to get slim feminine physique, go for the cross trainer. if you want to learn more about how to train for slim / feminine body, i recommend reading "Visual Impact for Women" by Rusty Moore.

Uhhhhh........

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm not feminine.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member

Uh huh... My big ole bulky thighs are finally starting to reduce from spinning & resistance work on the stationary bike thanking ya kindly! :flowerforyou:
  • DjinnMarie
    All this time, and all that weight..... When all I had to do was spin to get my bulky thighs. I feel ripped off.

Uh huh... My big ole bulky thighs are finally starting to reduce from spinning & resistance work on the stationary bike thanking ya kindly! :flowerforyou:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    All this time, and all that weight..... When all I had to do was spin to get my bulky thighs. I feel ripped off.

Nah, I had to put in a lot of time and effort with wine and chocolate for the actual bulk in my case... Alas it's the muscular element that's missing in my equation.
  • I would invest in cross trainer. biking tends to "pump" the leg muscles and build bulky muscular legs. if you are aiming to get slim feminine physique, go for the cross trainer. if you want to learn more about how to train for slim / feminine body, i recommend reading "Visual Impact for Women" by Rusty Moore.

Uhhhhh........

yes, it's personal preference. I want to wear skinny jeans without looking like a stuffed sausage...unless you are aiming for that look
  • reneelisa1987
    reneelisa1987 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks Guys:smile:
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member

Uhhhhh........

yes, it's personal preference. I want to wear skinny jeans without looking like a stuffed sausage...unless you are aiming for that look

Stuffed sausages...wow. Not everyone wants to look like a stick. Muscles are healthy and burn more calories.

OP...Concept 2 rowers are great and give you a full body work out! I'd recommend that.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member

Uhhhhh........

Overly opinionated AND ignorant... just the traits I look for in a woman :indifferent:
  • All this time, and all that weight..... When all I had to do was spin to get my bulky thighs. I feel ripped off.

HAHA i feel TOTALLY RIPPED OFF TOO!! what a waste of time all this hardwork lol . good one
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    How many times - if you are going to pick a fight don't do it with the one with bulky thighs!!!!:laugh:

Uhhhhh........

Overly opinionated AND ignorant... just the traits I look for in a woman :indifferent:

sorry i'm not here to impress you
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Hey all, I'm thinking of buying either a cross trainer or bike as I dont have the time to go to the gym. Any advice on which would be best? I can find where to track the bike exercise but not a cross trainer maybe I'm looking in the wrong place lol. Any and all advice welcome thanks guys :)

Honestly, get the one you will use. If you like bikes look into a Spin Bike or get a trainer for your bike (if you have one). As far as Cross Trainers go, honestly I'd look into a Concept 2 Rower. They're fun and you'll get a full body workout from them.

Uhhhhh........

Stuffed sausages...wow. Not everyone wants to look like a stick. Muscles are healthy and burn more calories.

OP...Concept 2 rowers are great and give you a full body work out! I'd recommend that.

i'm not saying strength training is bad, muscles are beautiful and healthy. Strength training improves bone density as well. If your goal is to create balanced muscle development without overly developing one part of the body (e.g. leg muscles) which will take more than one type of training to achieve-aerobic (65%-85% Max HR) , anaerobic (e.g. strength training), HIIT (hybrid of aerobic & anaerobic) - whatever exercise equipment or no equipment (bodyweight) you choose, make sure to keep the variety of exercises.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member

Uhhhhh........

Stuffing sausage into skinny jeans makes for an uncomfortable day