Those who excersize in the morning ?

Options
How do you do it? I know with all my heart that in order for me to be healthy I need to step up my fitness. With my schedule the Best time for me to excersize is in the mornings. I get myself pumped before I go to bed about getting up. Then when morning comes I just cant find that same excitment. I need suggestions or a swift kick in the ars.

Replies

• johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended sleeping in your workout clothes and having your bag packed and waiting by the door. All you have to do is get up and walk out the door. It's still hard to roll out of bed, but it helps.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    lol, everyone does that thing where they feel all inspired at night and then lose it in the morning! for me, i just eat breakfast (and drink some water) and then to get me through the workout, i think about how good i'm going to feel after it's done.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    5 Hour Energy drinks!!! LOL
  • Gremball
    Gremball Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is hard but I keep thinking of the end result of being able to look good with out feeling like a small elephant wearing a circus tent and it is enough for me to stop hitting the snooze button and get going. Normally takes me about 2 weeks struggling and then I start to wake up wanting to exercise.
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    I need that same kick ! I homeschool my daughter, watch a 9 month old 4 days a week and work 25 hours a week at a part time job . I need to get myself up and ready to exercise by 6 am . So far I have not been able to do it . Cindy :heart:
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    I exercise at different times, (either 6:30 a.m. or 8 p.m. or at noon on weekends) but people who show up all the time at 5 a.m. at the gym told me that the trick is: Go to Bed Early! Never after 9 p.m. It makes sense to me....
  • Teri716
    Teri716 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I definately have everything ready to go in the morning. I roll out of bed, tug on the clothes, brush my teeth and hit the door. AND the most important thing I have .. is a work out buddy at the gym waiting for me. That accountability is the extra push I need to get me there. Once I'm there, I'm really glad I'm there, but getting rolling is hard.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I used to have to work at 5:15 sometimes and my YMCA opens at 5:30 so if I don't think I will be able to get up. If I think I'll hit that snooze button to many times. I fall asleep with a light on in my room or the tv on. That way when the alarm sounds it isn't pitch black like usual. To me it just seems easier to jump up out of bed then. I also set up the timer on my coffee maker for about 10 mins before my alarm so that way I have something to sip on during that cold drive to the YMCA (but I also have my water right next to me too).
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I sometimes sleep in my clothes or get on the scale first thing and once I see the number I get motivated. Another thing I have is a set of options: if I jump up at 5 then I go to the gym, if I lay til 6 I do 25-45 minutes on my home elliptical and some weights if time allows, or I do one of my videos. That way even if you hit the snooze button a time or two you have some shorter options so you can still get something in.
  • sybiltoney
    sybiltoney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've heard of some starting to workout in the mornings wear their workout clothes to bed. Once you've done it for couple of weeks it won't be a big deal because you'll be used to it. I personally workout with my coffee. It gives me that pep I need in the morning because I'm not the most bubbly person to be around. Once I've had a couple of sips of coffee I'm awake and ready to run.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I leave my workout clothes on my dresser the night before. I never feel like working out then....ever....but a few minutes into it, I'm enjoying it!
  • rockstarwife
    rockstarwife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    the only way I do it is to schedule a morning workout date with my friend. I meet her between 7 - 730 and we do out workout 2 - 3 times a week.
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    I wake up at 5am to workout. It's not easy, but it has gotten way better. I have to get to bed at a decent time for sure. This morning I opened my eyes and thought at first......maybe i'll sleep in and workout tonight. But then I got real, and said really? is that really going to happen??? It's a complete conversation with myself....lol.......I tell myself I'm worth it. Over and over and over. Do I want to feel awesome cause I got up and did it? Or do I want to sleep a few minutes longer? What's more important??? I think it's how much you want it, because nothing will stop you unless you want it to.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    The thought of spinning or running at 6am always seems much more appealing at 6pm the night before than at 5:30am when the alarm goes off!!!! :laugh:

I sometimes sleep in my kit if there is a risk of me bailing a morning session.
    When it's a gym morning I make sure my bag etc is packed the night before.
    I put my alarm clock out of reach so I have to get out of bed to turn it off.

To some extent you just have to make yourself do it, knowing you'll feel better for it when it's done!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I give myself no other option, but to exercise. Most of the time when I'm half way through my workout DVD, I realize that "Hey, I feel better & am proud of myself for getting my butt up to do this!" LOL! I seriously believe that it's 90% mind & 10% body!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended sleeping in your workout clothes and having your bag packed and waiting by the door. All you have to do is get up and walk out the door. It's still hard to roll out of bed, but it helps.

I have done this a lot and it definitely helps me. Also less moving around and waking up everyone else in the house.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have all my stuff ready to go the night before to save on the extra time- and I make sure to be in bed by 9. I wake up around 5:20 to leave the house and get to the bym by 6:30. I typically end up hitting snooze until 5:40 so I leave right before 6 and then get to the gym right at 6:30.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was getting up at 3:45 to walk on my treadclimber every morning before I had to get my son up and ready for school and myself ready for work. I did it for a long time. But after awhile it wore on me and I now work out at night.
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Honestly I had to buy an elliptical machine. No excuses. In my bedroom so one of the first things I see inthe morning. I found this got me motivated (I spent a decent amount of money so I think of it as getting my moneys worth too). Now I started taking workout classes at a dance studio. They happen at a certain time so I just make sure I'm there-if I blow off a class then I use the elliptical

Good luck. You'll find your routine. I just need to find a way to keep going when I'm away from home. If anyone has suggestions please share!
  • ian1969uk
    Options
    Get a dog :)

My foxhound puppy has me up at 6.30am every morning for an hour long walk before work.