Slowjuicers out there?

Options
This is my first day, been on the juices all day but got terrible cravings when watching a movie. nacho cheese nomnom.

Now i heared it is common first couple days so would love to here some stories from juicers :)

Im not using a centrifuge but a revolution zc500 slowjuicer btw.

Replies

• RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Amazing... I am the only one :bigsmile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, you're not alone, THAT is amazing.

Of course you'll get cravings when you're not eating.
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Depends on how you see eating? Eating meaning chewing or eating getting the nutricients in? If its the last i am eating, ive juiced amounts of veggies and some fruits i would never eat in a day, hell not even in 3 days and feel full afterwards but still got cravings to snacks.

Almost feels like coping with a addiction.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    More of some of what you need is not better if you get less of some other things that you need. And you need a variety of foods, not just fruits and vegetables. Extremes are usually not good. Variety and moderation usually are.

Junk food addiction is a different issue. Some people think that it doesn't even exist, but I do. It has physiological, mental, psychological, economical, moral, social and cultural implications. It's not just about willpower, actually it has very little to do with willpower. We can train our brain to make dealing with it easier, but we will always be attracted to high calorie foods, it's our biology that dictates us. I DON'T mean by that that some people are "meant to be fat", but some elements in our environment is making it difficult to stay healthy. That's why we need cunning plans :wink:
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Ow but i am not juicing for the weightloss although i must say in a juice you can throw everything in, i had a complete dinner drink with sweet potatoe, spinache, ginger, apples, cucumber and some fish oil.

However im juicing for vasting and detox after that i will combine it with regular food cause i cant go without my fish and chickenbreast and brown rice :)

I know food and junkfood or even sugar can be a addiction and i have alot of addicions, smoking, drinking, snacking, bad food thats why i want to detox :)
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    OK, juicing is not just for weight loss, then, OK, I get it, but it doesn't have any other effect either, detox is just humbug, your body cleanses itself. It may have a psychological and/or spiritual effect, in that you feel cleansed and relieved and more motivated to start something new, but it is in no way necessary. You can just make a plan and follow it without any special preparations.